Khale and J Hooks???

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Tip123Q, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ok this is probaly a very stupid Q, but Is a khale hook diffrent from a J hook or is "Khale" The true name of a "J" hook, "J" jus being a easier way of saying it?

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Different style of hooks ..

J is shaped like a J .. Kahles are a much wider bend with the point comming back tward the shank.....

Attached Files:

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    The stupid are the ones that don;t ask and often ridicule the ones that do ask.They never understand that the rest of us were not born knowing everything like them.They will wallow forever in their ignorance.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

4. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    As Tim stated above - they are different styles of hooks.

5. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

Peewee I heard that!! The ones I think that are stupid are the ones you see at the lake or river. That try to tell ppl how they should do this or that to catch fish,when they are the only one there that's NOT catching fish. LOL This one place ever time you go out there there is a old guy & his wife set up and it never fells he trys to tell someone how to catch fish. but the funny thing is he rearly catches one himself. One morning he told me - My wife got a 26# cat here y-day afternoon. Within 2-3 mins his wife walked by and says - We were here y-day and I got a 21# catfish. Well about an hour later I hear the old guy telling another lady - My wife got a 23# cat y-day. I guess a hour passes by and another guy shows up and asked them - Where were yall y-day we were here all day and thought yall would show up sooner or later. He tells the guy - We couldn't fish y-day because I had to take my wife out of town. LMAO The funny thing about him & his wife is EVERYONE that goes to that place knows they are full of crap. I just look at them like they are stupid,but they keep talking.

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i alway have my drag tight clikers on in freespoll then picknit up shut the cliker off and engage the reel, is this a good methed

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL

Yuppers... Tis the way I do it too..:big_smile:

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Swampy, rather than looking at them like they are stupid, why don't you take pity on them, and try and teach them how to catch that 21-26# cat that they are dreaming of. Maybe all they need is a real friend, instead of someone who is annoyed by them.

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Another tip on the Kahles.. If the point is pointing directly at the shank, take a pair of pliers and bend it to the side so its offset a bit... Improves hook ups tremendously...

10. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the help, Lol that funny swampy cause I have a guy down at my fishing hole that does the same thing...only he never fishes he just sits there watching the people fish telling them what they should do.

11. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    There is an older guy just like that around here that annoys the you know what out of me. I don't mind and appreciate any advice given to me. By other fisherman I welcome it. But this guys goes to far he is often piz**d drunk and annoys everyone out there. When I bought my nephew with me he insisted on casting my nephews rod out. I told him leave it alone he wont learn if he doesn't do it himself. Then he always questions why are using that hook or use this hook or why use a slip boober. Why do you have all the stuff in your tackle box that rod is too small for cats etc,etc. Then he always looks at my reels and says oh I see you have all Shimano and usually makes some smart remark after that. Sorry I probably rumbled on but it just reminded me of my situation. :ah:

12. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Same here. There is always some know it all nut out on the banks.:look_down: :doubt:

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    All they have to do is watch the ones that are catching fish.Perhaps their mouth is open so wide that they can;t see!As much as Swampy helps everyone on here I can not imagine him not helping anyone & everyone he can while fishing.I think he would help anyone that would allow him too just as I would.I do respect others right to do it "wrong" if they wish.I have never tried to use force to make someone fish my way as I have seen some do by snatching a rod or pole out of someones hands.I also did not put up with it when it was tried with me.I asked first and then physically removed his hands from my rod.Rather than end up in a life threatening situation as that did before it was over,I try to ignore as I did that day.I often just leave.Some know it alls refuse to allow you the right to ignore them or even walk off from them and will reach out and physically try to detain you.I have had it happen.Different folk have different skills and ways of helping people.I have told people NO when they asked to go fishing with me,because they would try to treat me the way they did on my job.I was afraid of what I might do if they tried it.I was honest about it with them.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee ps,I bet Swampy will give the location to anyone wanting to help this poor couple in need of the right friend that knows how to help them.They do appear beyond his help.

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think what Peewee was trying to say is: The only stupid question... is one that is not asked!!!
    I try to help anyone that is willing to try or is in a quest to improve the size of the fish they catch.

15. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

Tony No this guy don't need pity or a friend. What he needs is to leave ppl alone while they are trying to fish and stop telling so many lies. If he & his wife would do that other ppl may be able to enjoy their day fishing without somone bothering them. It may also make ppl want to speek to them and offer bits of helpful info to them,but it's hard to try to talk to someone that knows everything and is always bothering one person or another. They are the type of Ppl everyone hates to see coming,but glad to see them leave.

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Well, to answer your question here. A "J" hook is just a normal shaped hook and a Kahle hook is....well a.... "Kahle" no mistaking the two!!!

17. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

This guy always has a pole out but he it walking around bothering everyone and never near his pole. His wife does most of the fishing between the two of them.

18. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

I agree with JW,there is NO mistaking the two hooks.

19. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I do to,but that's not what those two are trying to do or learn. I think they are in a comp. to see witch one can lie the most & the old guy just seems to enjoy being a pain in the @SS to others.

20. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Thats why the call them fish stories....lol.... Just like recently someone was showing this giant carp that he supposedly caught only to later found out someone else caught and gave it to him go figure......