keystone

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by LazyBum, Oct 27, 2009.

1. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    any word on if they are finished with the construction at the dam? Last I heard they was doing some work on the dam itself... I have noticed by the river, they must not be letting any water out, river sure is dry.

2. lelzo

lelzo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I fished the north side last sunday and they were generating power, I couldn't see any work going on. I drove in from sand springs; and it looked like the road across the dam was open.
    I caught a 36 inch striper on jigs and 3 oz weight by the wall out in the middle, does anyone know how far it is out to that wall from the walk way?

3. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    36 inch striper is a NICE striper.. Congrats!

Its been awhile since I've been to Keystone.. Did you catch anymore stripers or any cats while you were there?

The distance between the wall and the sidewalk is a pretty good distance I would say its about 70+ yards? Not sure but I know its a good casting distance..

Were you casting past the wall towards the middle? or inside towards the generators?

4. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    36" striper is a awesome catch! I've just never had any luck what so ever on the north side... But come some nice cats on the south side....

5. lelzo

lelzo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I was casting past the wall out into the calm and then reeling into the current, I caught another catfish that was maybe 5-7# but lost it on the bank; the guy that helped me land the fish had it slip out of his hand.

You can tell where the fish are by watching the birds.
    Got hung up often and lost alot of sinkers, rocks are everywhere.

6. lelzo

lelzo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Went fishing below the dam on south side Sunday but the walk way was flooded. I fished off the steps for a while but had no luck. I didn't try the north side figured it was flooded also.
    Does it always flood when that many gates are open?

Went down to swift park later and fished by the boat ramp, saw lots of shad but didn't catch any catfish.

7. lelzo

lelzo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Went fishing below the dam on south side Sunday but the walk way was flooded. I fished off the steps for a while but had no luck. I didn't try the north side figured it was flooded also.
    Does it always flood when that many gates are open?

Went down to swift park later and fished by the boat ramp, saw lots of shad but didn't catch any catfish.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  8. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I go down to swift park some when flooding is happening at the dam.. And I usually catch some nice fish there.

Not always is the sidewalk flooded, just depends on how much water they are releasing.

You can got to http://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/KEYS.lakepage.html and see how much water they are releasing. Good fishing times is about 18k much over that, it's just a hassle.