Keystone Lake's Deadliest Catch

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by PeZ, Jun 29, 2006.

1. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I was fishing late saturday night and I seen what I thought was a dog swimming in the middle of the lake and me being a nice guy I was gonna save it from drowning. I start heading toward the dog and as i get closer im like wow thats a pretty good size dog why would he be swimming in the middle of the lake someone must have just throw him in to get rid of him.
    then i get closer and he starts swimmin for the boat so im like cool this will be an easy rescue. Then im about 4-5 feet away from it and get a good look at this dog and its no frickin dog!!!!!

Its a huge coon!!! and hes trying to climb up the side of my boat!!! At this point im crappin my pants cause his head and front feet were out of the water and on the side of my boat and hes trying to climb in still!!! this is one rescue i wanna abort if you no what I'm saying!!! so I knock the thing off my boat with my big net and hes not happy about that. One of his claws get caught in the net and its like i have a 200lbs cat in the net goin nutz. im in a little 14 ft aluminium boat and this thing near capsides me and my buddy. My buddy is about to have a stroke and says hes gonna jump in the water and swim to the bank lmao. As funny as that sound I was contemplating the same thing and just giving the coon my boat for the night lol.

Finally I say screw the net and the coon wins and gets to keep the net. and we get the heck outta dodge.

WHEN ON A LAKE AT 1AM DONT TRY SAVING ANY DOGS SWIMMING IN THE WATER.

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    ROFLMAO

Oh man, now that woulda been a sight to see, let me tell ya!!!

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    What an exciting night. good thing you didn't jump in the lake the coon might have used you for a life preserver. I would not want to try and out swim a drowning coon. I saw one get on a dogs head and drown it one night. Poor dumb dog.

4. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Was Arlington or Tea the one fishing with you????????

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Tater, you are not kidding with our luck lately. Coons can get mean and nasty. Dont blame ya for wanting to get rid of that guy.

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Oh Man!!!!:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: I just got into work and I needed a little pick me up!! This is good stuff!!! It sounds like something out of a Chevy Chase movie LOL!!!!

7. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    That was awesome! Wish I could've seen that! That's one thing I don't know if I'd wanna tree out coon huntin'. I wonder what the record size coon is...I bet it ain't as big as a dog.. Nice one buddy lol.

-Red

8. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    That is one halarious story!! Thanks for the laughs! I can only imagine being in your shoes.:lol:

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    peZ: That was absolutely:haha: I love these stories,they make my day. Thank you----------------pk(pat)

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    A Coon swims with its tale straight out behind it.If you are quick,you can grab that swimming coon by the tail and quickly sling it back into your buddies lap.You will get to watch the show of a lifetime.You will find out if you can whip your buddy.You will have to find a new buddy to fish with.It will still be funny 40 years later.peewee-williams

11. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That is a great story, Had a similar experience where a friend reached under his chair to pet a cat and it was a coon- it was hilarious watching them try to get away from each other. Better luck next fishing trip-at least ya had a big catch for a little while.

rivrbunny

12. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Bro,Now that's funny But I wasent in the boat thank GOD!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I think giving him the net was the best thing you could have done ,and then sharing the story on the BOC. Way to go,that was just plain silly funny,I'm glad to know stuff like that happens to other people too!:lol:

14. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    That was Great!!! Thanks for literally making me fall over laughing. Classic...:lol:

15. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Now that is one of the best fishing stories I have ever heard. Thanks for sharing that lil tid bit with us all.
    :lol:

16. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i got as new net :lol:

17. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LMAO!! Would have loved to seen that but from a safe distance!

18. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Too funny, thanks for the laugh.:lol: :lol: :lol:

19. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Talk about being backed up in a corner with nowhere to run!:big_smile:

20. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Some people just dont have any luck even when they try and do something nice. Hope you have better luck next time and catch a bounch of fish