keystone lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by 01richard, Mar 29, 2008.

1. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    heading to keystone on thur. gonna fish fri and sat for cats can anybody give me some tips on where to start

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey let us know how you do and I hope you catch alot of fish

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Think I'd go into the Arkansas River arm, somewhere around highway 412. There is quite a few marina's and campgrounds in that area.

4. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    got home late sat night friday started out hard trying to find shad but finnally got fishing around 10:30 am ended up caughting 16 blue the biggest was 15# and 13# the rest were 6-10# and one striper that went 8# all on cut shad and shad heads fished sat only caught 1 blue 6# and a small channel all caught around pawnie cove in the cimmaron river

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Richard,

I am sorry I didn't see this sooner. I woulda told ya to head up to the Arkansas river arm of the lake. That is the best area for cats on Keystone.

If you can, come back down to Keystone the Last weekend of May, first of June for the Keystone Gathering. It is a BLAST and you will never meet a more friendly bunch of people. Heck, when you meet everyone, you will think you are there long lost brother!!!

6. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    sounds good i will try depends on kids sports and all lake was way up but fishing was good