Keystone Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by daniel-delarosa, May 26, 2007.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I have four houses to build up in Yale. While working on them, I will be staying in my travel trailer. I looked on google maps to see where the closest lakes and rivers were located. Keystone lake is 20 miles east and the Cimmeron river is about 2 miles south from where I will be set up. I will be there for about 3 months off and on. So I figured I'd ask ya'll for any advise on fishing keystone and the cimmeron. Can you set jugs on keystone?

2. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    You can fish Keystone with jugs, trotlines and rod & reel. If you got big enough cajones you can even noodle for the flathead...

I haven't fished the Cimmaron in thirty years, but I'm sure the same holds true as for Keystone.

My favorite place to fish on Keystone is at the mouth of the Arkansas River. Generally, the back of creek areas or windy points are good places to start from.

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Daniel,
    Come to Keystone/ Mannford next weekend and we'll show you.

4. okie gal

okie gal New Member

State:
    Okla. City
    Hope you will come to Keystone this weekend. If nothing else come for the day. We are so excited to get to meet everyone. You know Okies are great people and the ones that are coming from out of state are just a big bonus to the group. We've never been but we know that it will be lots of fun! My husband Flintman (Tom) and I would love to meet you!

Okie gal (Jan)

5. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma

Man, I'd love to. but my stinkin boat went on the fritz on me yesterday. Im not sure if I can get it repaired in time:sad2:.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Daniel, you don't need a boat to shoot the BS with some of the most knowledgeable cat men in the U.S. Your face is whats important. Show up and say hello. Thats how I did my first Keystone, and I'm not gonna miss one if I can help it. They are great.

I'll be on space #5 - look me up and say hello.

7. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    You have a good point. I will be sure to come say hello if I can make it up there.

8. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    The Keystone gathering is the best fishing trip of my year,I don't catch many if any fish but I do get to catch up to alot of friends.See ya'll there!:big_smile:

9. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Sometimes, I wish I were an OKIE. Well, not too much, but you have a great state site. Where's Tiny?

Jim