keystone lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by capt theory, Nov 22, 2005.

1. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i spent the weekend exploring keystone lake and man i liked what i saw. with as much as the arkansas has produced for me being the style of river that it is, theres no telling whatll happen when you take 2 rivers like that and dam them up together. i guarantee a world record blue or flathead is wandering around there. i personally dont know to much about the lake yet but time will change that. what do you all think about the lake? i know a few spots such as around any of the bridges or railroad bridges for starters but i also know a lake of this size will take time to figure out. good thing for the long weekend coming up!!

2. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    ...capt theory,

Sir I just looked at your profile, and it's blank...

How about filling it out so we at least know where your from, and what your name is....
    A picture would be nice too....

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Capt. theory,
    I agree with you about Keystone. It's one of the best lakes around. We've had a gathering there for three years ( I believe you were invited last year) and have come to know the lake a little. Haven't been up to the railroad bridge by Feyodi Park yet and know very little about the Cimmarron side of the lake but think it's the best lake around here.

4. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    im sorry i was more concerned about actual catfishing than about my profile. ill try to get my priorities straight. and to mike, yeah that lake is huge and deep so it will take time to explore but that means theres plenty of places for THE big one to hide...

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    capt theory,

Thank you for joining the BOC. The profile lets us see who may be close to you to offer assistance, as well as help to know you a little bit better. I am very glad to know that you are from Tulsa. There are a few of us around this area. I mainly fish Skiatook Lake and the Navigation Channel. I hope you are able to scout out Keystone and find some great spots on it. We will be having a BOC Gathering there in June, the first weekend. I hope you can make it as it is a great time to meet new memebers, BS, and learn more about fishing. You can NEVER know too much. Good Luck, and once again, thank you for joining!!!

6. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    does anyone know where to get a good topo map of keystone? the only one i can find doesnt do very good at showing where specific structure is. only vague depths. that brand that produces those yellow maps you see around does an awesome job on every lake but keystone for some reason. i guess their interested in the lakes that the bass tournements are. money money money. also what about getting shad from the bank on that lake. the only shad i can find right now is a good drive out of the way and doesnt always produce the big shad i need. last weekend at one of the holes i was scouting had probably 6 cleaned blue heads lying on the bank so i know im honing in on them, hopefully ill have it figured by june...

7. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Capt, most topos were printed when Keystone was first built. Over the years both arms of the lake have silted in causing the Corps to close several boat ramps,I am willing give you all the info I know.I have fished this lake from first fill up,and know a couple of good places? If you want to send a phone (PM) number that would help.I do live near the lake.Will also share info with all BOC brothers.

8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hey Catter, welcome to the BOC!! Glad to see you finally make a post. Hope to see you again this year at the gathering there at Keystone. Just so everyone knows, Catter5000 is my wife's cousin. Again, welcome to the board. If you need anything, let me know.

9. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    Hello Catter, Welcome to the board. I will be burning your phone up if that offer stands.

10. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Allen,
    It's good to see you posting and I've aleady added you to the list for Keystone4.

11. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    welcome allen, im glad to see you here. well i feel like its a little premature but count me in mike. what only 7 or so months to go? hopefully with the help of allen we'll be able to zero in on the cats by then. cant have a cat gathering with no cats huh?

12. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
  13. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    yeah theres some huge mussell beds in the upper parts of keystone. theres also some great catfishing over those beds as well. are all the mussells im seeing zebra or are there different species. these are pretty big so im not sure what they are. i just know theres lots of them.