Tulsa County, 8-1/2 W of Sand Springs, OK 23,610 acres Shoreline: 330 miles Keystone Lake was named for the community of Keystone, a post office from 1900 until 1962 when it was inundated by the waters of the lake. The name Keystone was coined because the location was the "key" position at the junction of the two rivers. Camp Arbuckle was established near here to protect the Leavenworth Expedition bound for the Wichita Mountains in 1834 to stop a war between the Osage and Plains Indians. Keystone Lake provides great fishing opportunities for white and black bass, crappie and catfish. A 10-acre nursery pond has been built in the Salt Creek area for black bass fingerlings which are later released in the lake to supplement the bass population. Keystone Public Hunting Area, covering approximately 15,500 acres, lies along much of the shoreline which consists of bottomland timber and postoak, blackjack and prairie fields. Principal wildlife include squirrel, rabbit, quail, dove and waterfowl.