keystone lake catfishing 12-19

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ShawnWatkins, Dec 21, 2009.

1. ShawnWatkins

ShawnWatkins New Member

State:
    Ok
    Guys and Gals, I am new to this website. Been lurking for a while every now and then...

heres my report..

Arrived at the boat ramp at 7:15. Shad was easily caught, 2 throws of the net = 200 shad in the 4-7 inch range... Water temp was 41.5. My game plan was to start mid lake and work up lake. after 6 anchors in 30-45ft and no fish we went decided to go all the way up.. had 3 rods baited in 7ft of water and one bent double!! it was a nice 10 lb blue. then we went on another dry spell. we moved a couple more times and zeroed in on em.. We caught at least 20 in a few hours... we had a couple doubles and 1 triple. all fish where 5-13 lbs. and caught a few stripers as well. we called it at 1:30, dang xmas parties gettin in the way of my fishin!!!

Attached Files:

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Very nice catch Shawn. Thanks for posting your outing and results.

3. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    NICE CATCH! Welcome to the board.

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Looks like some good eats. Good to see you over here Shawn.

5. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    nice catch, i would think most of your day would of consisted of counting out 200 shad, haha jk

6. ShawnWatkins

ShawnWatkins New Member

State:
    Ok
    trust me.... I count em... been down that burning bridge before!! I am a striper and hybrid guide, in the cool water months I chase blues........

7. rigrunner(236)

rigrunner(236) New Member

State:
    Ft Cobb Lake, Oklahoma
    Thanks, Shawn, for the good report, and the picture. Lots good eating.

8. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    where did you say you guide at? never knew anyone that needed 200 shad for a single guide trip? that sounds hot and heavy

9. ShawnWatkins

ShawnWatkins New Member

State:
    Ok
    Skiatook, Sooner, Carl Blackwell, Birch, Ft Gibson....

heres my webiste.. take a look see.... www.watkinsgs.com :big_smile::big_smile:

10. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    cool deal, try to teach your clients about catch and release, the more knowledgable folks are the better, 200 shad in one day that's tearin them up, nice site, welcome in

11. ShawnWatkins

ShawnWatkins New Member

State:
    Ok
    No No.... I caught 200 for the bait tanks.. I didnt use a fourth of them on this trip..

The reason I count baits is for overcrowding purposes, or when I am filling the home tanks. its alot easier to fill the home tanks for 3-4 trips then catch bait each time I go out.. especially for hybrid and striper fishin..

12. okiefishkiller

okiefishkiller New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    what ramp did u start at? and welcome

13. Flightline

Flightline New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice website, looks like you have had a lot of success on those trips!
    Welcome

14. ShawnWatkins

ShawnWatkins New Member

State:
    Ok
    depends on what arm of the lake I wanna fish.. I usually put in at Prarie View(free rampl) on cimaron side... keystone ramp or cowskin bay if I fish the arkansas side.. after this cold weather I am sure the shad have pushed farther down lake... they where thick up the cimaron last week... I havent been out in a week, but a buddy of mine fished Kaw Saturday and the shad have moved out of the shallow flats and where in their winter patterns.. Deep(30-40ft) and bunched up in the channels... Hopefully, If the weather permits, I will be on the lake in short time!!