Keystone gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Phil Washburn, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    is keystone on for this year? the wife was asking me, and i haven't seen anyone talking about it. hope the economy allows us to go if we have one.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Phil, Keystone is posponed for this year most of the Keystone Members are coming to Degray.

3. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Hey, Top! Where is Degray?

4. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Phil,
    There will not be a Keystone gathering this year. I've decided to take a break due to all the mess with insurance after the storm last year. I'm going to the Degray gathering in Arkansas which is down by Arkadelphia.

Here's some information for you and Tkishkape:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1323168&postcount=355

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    thanks, Top and Mike...

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Phil, maybe some of us could just meet up at Kaw Lake and have our own good time. LOL

7. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas

Hey Porkie,

You and Phil need to come to Degray this year. That's where most of the Keystone Folks will be at...

Come join us..

8. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Lawrence, I am game! After all I do need to get that trap.lol

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I still have it Bo. I was thinking we possibly could have something at Kaw where everyone just camps in the same campground... Coon Creek, Washunga Bay, etc. No real organization, no pot luck supper, just camping together where we can exchange stories of the past year.

10. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Ya'll all just come to de gray. We always have a good time whether the fish are biting or not.... and I guarantee ya that it well be even bigger and better this year than it was last year. Awshucks if you and fuzz face don't come ya'll gonna miss out on a heck of a good time. But if ya don't ya sure gonna be missed. Sure enjoyed visiting with you two last year.

The more the merrier.

11. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Yea what Kevin said. It would be nice to see ya Awshucks and of course Fuzzface. heck kevin is this year pick on person. LOL We are takin turns :eek:oooh::roll_eyes:.... Tdawg at DeGray 1, Awshucks and Fuzzface at DeGray 2 and Now Whisker and Pete at DeGray 3......
    Wonder who it will be at DeGray 4?.....

12. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    IT WOULD DEFINATELY BE NICE TO HAVE YA AT DEGRAY AWESHUCKS, Phil and fuzzface!:wink:

I know those that have attended keystone for yars ill miss having it this year. And I am proud to have mike and some others joining usat Degray. I know old times at Degray and Keystone both will be talked about. As a host of a couple of gathering, I can see where mike is coming from. I can also understand wanting to take a break, especially after a couple of bad yrs with the weather and all.

But as said before. Myself and Angelkitty more than welcome those members to come and be a part of Degray 3. We will make it as enjoyable as we possibly can, but it is truely all the members coming together that make it all possible. So come on down and join us for a good time, some good food, and a lot of memories!

13. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    now there's a thought! i am interested:big_smile:

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    degray is a 600+ mile round trip for me. the wife and i would love to go, should our budget allow it. kinda doubtful, but we will work to that end.

15. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hey Lawrence, Jan & I, will go for that. When you get ready let's set a date. :smile2:

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    We are hoping to have a special guest at Degray,I have talked to the Guest on a couple occasion and he/she seems very interested in attending. If all goes well he/she will be there. We hope to see all B.O.C. members to attend.

17. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    If the date falls right I would come to kaw
    I think aw????. should host it .

18. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    According to the ODW Website, June 6 and 7 is the free fishing days in Oklahoma where a license is not required. I know there are a lot of folks who don't purchase a license so these days would fall perfectly for their pocketbooks. For those who don't know Kaw Lake, it is located 7 miles east of Ponca City. There are several campsites around the lake, but each is about 10 miles (seems like I remember about that much distance) to the tail waters of the dam. Surely not too far of a drive. Here is a link about the lake. Hopefully some of you guys who have more experience with it will chime in with your dollars worth. I think there is enough interest to make it happen.

http://www.kawlake.com/camping-information/

Guess one of the good things about it is the catfish which leave Keystone just before our annual gathering can't get past the Kaw dam. LOL

One potential drawback is this is the weekend the Kansas brothers are having a gathering. But, looking at the free fish days, it seems to be a bullet we just have to bite.

19. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    It's also free fishing days in Kansas that weekend :0a1:

20. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I would definately come to Kaw, but I cant come that weekend, as that is the same weekend as the KS gathering.
    If it was different weekend I would definately come, or maybe if there is one next year. Its a shorter drive for me than the KS ones.:smile2:
    May is a great time to catch blues below the dam and there arent as many campers, if anyone is interested in going in May.
    I grew up fishin there and get down there as much as possible. It is a great lake. When my Dad passed away we spread his ashes below the dam. Its a sacred place to me.