Keystone Fishing Report

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by PeZ, Jun 20, 2006.

1. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I fished keystone last night dropped in @ New Manford ramp headed 2.0 southwest of the ramp to a little cove I like to fish. I hit the water @ 10:30 PM til 2:30 AM. I jug lined at a depth of between 10'-15' anchored. Using hotdogs and cut shad. With no luck 0 caught. I did have a few shad jump in the boat so the signs were all there. the wind was out of the west about 10-15 mph the cove I was fishing ran south to north with good cover and grass beds extending from the bank to about 8' of water. water temp 79 Inflow: 34800 cfs Outflow: 3400 cfs. Level: 3.31 feet above normal.

This Saturday im gonna try it again with a little different tactics.
    Im gonna try the same spot with Worms. Justs for channel cats thats what has been reported they are hitting on in 8'-15' of water in coves.

Other reports

Channel catfish fair on worms at 8 to15 feet of water in mouth of coves; blue catfish fair on shad 15-20 ft. in the river flats; flathead catfish slow on shad at 15-20 ft. off steep banks

Good Luck Keep Fishin
    PeZ

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Tom,
    Welcome to the BOC!! We have a gathering every year the first weekend in June at New Mannford Ramp. You just missed the last one!
    That is a good area to fish just north of the cove a ways. I'm off on Tuesday and Wednesday. PM me for a phone number and maybe we can hook up sometime. Good to have you aboard!!

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Tom, I have to work sat from 8-2 but would be interested in going with ya after that. PM me

4. bartmccollum

bartmccollum New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just did some inspection dives at Keystone. The flathead were thick on the downstream side. They were laying in the rocks just below the flood gates.

5. okshores17D

okshores17D New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I just fished keystone this friday. I dont know the name of the bay but it was eight miles down the road from woody's bait shop. i caught 3 6-8lb blues and one 5 lb channel using large minnows. we were only out a couple hours after the rain and the fishing was great until the clouds went away and the sun came back out!