Keystone fishing is great

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mrwhiskr, Aug 28, 2008.

1. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I see a l;ot of talk, see a lot of I wish. Let me say this fishing is good to great on Keystone. That said I wish more were cpr fishermen. I didn't go untill the cool spell. Caught all the fish I need for the rest of the year Am I done? No way catching and releasing til arms fall off.

Ilanuch from same dock everytime have yet to meet a fellow catter. Wonder why.

Talk to me when I come in and show a big fish, I release it right there at the dock.
    Remember it costs to go fishing, You wanna go cheap, hire a local guide. Wow they outfish me all day everydy.

Fish smart, fish long, go gettem
    Keep them lines wet

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i release big fish right on spot from boat over the side, no need to make it to any dock or to be shown, adios the fish goes, right when the hook is disengaged

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Where do you launch, Harold? I know a few that use New Mannford or Prairieview ramps.

4. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I launch and fish from Mannford ramps. Guess what? I see and talk to local and outsider guides almost eveytime I launch.

The Local sportswritr. bless you Sam powell, took a lot of cautions to , lanuch, fish and put up with the local nuts athat asked where why and how.
    I have no problems telling , where and how. My fishing buddy is handi-capped. Hell so am I, LOL
    Go fish, eat, and remeber, They wont beleive you even with a picture.

keep them lines wet

5. Stoneman187

Stoneman187 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have heard that there are really fish in the lake but I am not quite sure? I have fished and put jugs and fished some more but never cought one or even saw one that nay one else cought there. Mike am I being too rough on the guys? What they do have is huge hail now i have some pics of that Mike sent me just a few minutes after we pulled out. We spent several days and nights at new manford ramp trying to catch a fish as did a whole bunch of catfishermen yet not even one was cought by anyone. Gee I had great fun just the same the stories and fellowship was extra good and I brought over a hundred pounds of good Eufalla catfish with me so we did not starve while there.
    Have fun can some day I would love to really see a catfish cought at keystone lake, who knows we may try again next year and actually see someone catch one.

Sincerely Bill and Marilyn Wade

6. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The corps has been doing their thing with the water levels. Bless them fishing has been very poor. Ahh but next year. See it works all the way, some good days and some bad days.

keep them lines wet