keystone dam pics n report

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by LaBlueHunter, Aug 23, 2008.

1. LaBlueHunter

LaBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    fished keystone for a few days this past week did pretty good cought alot of nice fish all fish cought on cut carp bigest was 31 pounds

31 pound blue

[​IMG]

puttin a hurtin on a nice fish

[​IMG]

first morning after fishing for a night

[​IMG]

me my dad an a good friend of mine from tulsa im on the left steve in the middle my dad on the right

[​IMG]

my girlfriend an my dad with a nice blue

[​IMG]

second mornings haul nothing real big but all nice 4-15 pounds

[​IMG]

my girlfriend an myself with a nice blue

[​IMG]

fish from the 3rd day

[​IMG]

waitin for the stripper busting to get into range

[​IMG]

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Looks like you all kicked some butt out there! Congrats!

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    I've never been able to catch anywhere near that many or that size below Keystone. Were you using shad?
    Maybe we can get together sometime.

4. LaBlueHunter

LaBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    cut carp fillet the carp then strip it in strips about 3 inches long an 1/4 inch wide only down fall to keystone is u have to cast 130+ yards ot catch quality fish on a reg basis everyone else around was catching 1-2 maybe 3 fish i was catching 5 to there 1 cause they lacked the ability to cast out to where the fish were

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have had good luck night fishing the northside. You have to wait for all the Hybrid fishermen to leave, but if you get just upstream side of the cable and cast out about 75 yards there is a 20 foot hole there and I have caught some good cats out of it. The biggest was a 45 lb blue. Just toss up stream and you will feel it drop. One night I caught 45 fish, fishing on the north side. I kept 10 in the 5-15 lb range

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nice group of fish and how long were you rods

7. LaBlueHunter

LaBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    14 ft breakaway stingers in my apinion the best casting rods on the market for distance....... the north side is all right i dont like loseing a lead an hook every other cast tho bout the only time i fish over there is when im striper/catfishing ill throw live shad or shad heads an bounce um off bottom but i dont fish that side to often to many a$$holes over there i went over there on this trip for about 2 hours cause the south side was to full an had 2 fish cut off with ppl throwin over me had one guy about knock one of my rods off the rail when i was reeling in a fish he had a lil dinky rod an was throwin jigs an hooked a spoonbill an it was spooling him he was running down the sidewalk tryin to get some of his line back not payin attention needless to say i wanted to throw his lil 4 foot a$$ in the water cause them stingers aint cheap to replace there 400$ a peice

8. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Darn good mess of fish LA man, I build Lamiglas down here on Eufaula lake, cant get these guys to spend extra on a Breakaway rod, you are right on those rods are designed to cast a longggg ways.

9. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i have a 15ft lamiglas,but not to sound stupid what's a breakaway rod.??

10. LaBlueHunter

LaBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    there made by a company in corpus christi tx they specialize in competition rods the rods i have belonged to a real good friend of mine use to fish below keystone an casted comp all the time when he quit fishing an quit comp an opened up a guide service on keystone i bought his rods there about a 1/4 of the weight of the lamiglass an twice as stiff i use to own one of the 15 ft blanks ur talking about nice blanks good back bone an load good but compared to the back bone of the stingers the lamiglass blank is like a crappie rod i can throw 8 oz an bait an the tip dont even bend most guys fishin up where i was was throwing 15-20 pound test line with a shock leader an i was throwin strait 30 pound bg an getting the same distance as they were even the guy who came down there an said nobody can out cast his buddy he was throwin a lighter line then i an when they coudlnt hit where the fish were biteing they hada run out there dam boat the next morning i was still catching 3 to there 1 catfishing below keystone isnt a science u just gotta be able to cast 100+ yards on some days u still dont catch fish.... ill be back up on the 2nd of sep gonna do a bit of stirpper fishing during the day an catin at night ill fish the north side for stipper then about dark move to the south side anyone wanting to hook up down there shoot me a pm

11. Iablue

Iablue New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Where in La is this dam? I'm in SE Iowa on the Mississippi but have fished in the Houma and Morgan City area several times. Just wondering just in case I drive down that way again. Great pics and fish. Thank you.

12. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah it's a good rod, it does the trick but i only have to throw 103yds from the cable below the pensacola dam behind grand lake to get to my catfish holes, so i think that extra 30yds i'd need something better, well i'd l ike to see one of those stingers sometime, you know all these years i been fishing i've have never seen anything of keystone lake other then the pics i see on tiny's page, to whom i think you were refferring to, cause i've read all about his long distance casting pages and what not, but one of thse times i might get around that area

13. Blakemo

Blakemo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Do you catch the carp there? If so how? I can never catch anything there on shad and it makes me mad!!:angry:

14. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    do who catch carp where??????

15. LaBlueHunter

LaBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    yea the tiny your refering to is the same tiny the rods i talk about use to belong to him... yea i catch the carp there below the dam in the castnet there think up there i generally use shad or perch up there an catch fish just the same most times but this time they didnt want anything but carp strips...... this dam isnt in la its in oklahoma thats where im originally from

16. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad to see you applied you smarts to a good place. I can't stand the crowds. Ya done good.

call me next time lol.
    Keep them lines wet

Mr Whiskr

17. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I remember this night too well... I never thought I would see the day when I got tired of reeling in fish. We had no time for coffee this night... what a night to remember! Your next trip up here, we'll attempt this same thing again. I'm sure your dad told ya, I caught a few fish last week when he was here.

18. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    Well since my last post got deleted and i got a bad language infraction Let me rephrase this time.

If it was a chinaman you really have to watch them people down there they will cast over you any time they see that your catching fish and they are'nt. Last time i was down there one was doing just that and it caused me to lose a few good fish so one time when i had his line i just reached out with my knife and cut his line. Man he was cussing me in his language but i showed him he was number one said if ya want some come and get it as i was walking towards him he backed of real fast and the other guys lined up next to me were pointing at him and laughing like crazy. He did'nt give us any more trouble that day in fact he moved further down river. LA just pm me the time your gonna be there and i just might show up if i dont have a new job by then. It's getting bad when ya gotta work 3 days to make one days wages.

Foggy :cool2:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  19. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I texted with LA today.. He was oh Holly Beach in LA fishing. Caught 6 fish, one of which was a small shark.

Said he had a gator on, but it kept making his 9/0 hook go straight! Said he was going back tomorrow with bigger hooks

20. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    My son bought a custom built Breakaway after fishing with Tiny, when Tiny could still fish below the dam, before he started guiding. Those rods are $300 plus, and worth every penny. That rod will punch 'em out there a long, long way. He has his paired with an Ambassadeur 7000. Sweet rig.