Keystone Dam North Side

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by LazyBum, Jul 27, 2009.

1. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    While fishing this morning when it got daylight, the construction crews was busy working on the north side of the dam. While I like what they did to the south side (wishing they'd of put back the guard rails), be interesting to see what happens to the north side. Of course they are putting in all new rocks, looks like they have burned out all the trees that was growing in the rocks and weeds. Looks like they cleared out a big section of trees that was along the walk way going down to the sidewalk.

I understand they are going to fix all that and make it so handicapped can fish there again. My only hopes is, fixing it is great, but I hope they'll keep it up.

I am greatly disappointed in how the south side is already trashed real bad. I never see the dam at Eufaula and Gibson like this.

Please people, if you put new line on your reel, please take the old back line home with you and trash it, don't leave it at the dam. Flood waters just wash that out in the water and that just creates more snags, and tangled up lines.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Steve, do you really think most people care? Why do you see them throw cigarettes out of a vehicle in the middle of a burn ban. Why do you see them exceed the posted speed limit by 20 mph, why do you see them not even slow down in construction areas, and how often do you see one walk 150 or 200 feet to throw trash in a container. Not often. People only care about themselves and their comfort. Of course there are exceptions to these people, and they are probably reading this post.

3. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Hey Porkie,

I can feel the love in your post...lol

P.S. You ain't right..

4. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I know what you're saying, and you're 100% correct. I know myself, the only thing I leave the dam without that I started with is a ton of sinkers and hooks thats down there in the rock heaven. I take home by empty bottled water bottles, all that.

A few of us, we use to pick up some trash and build a fire and burn it all off, but, it didn't seem to help any, few hours later it was right back where it started.

Wish I had some answer..... I think this is my only pet peeve of fishing. I don't know why, but I have seen gibson with some trash, but not much, and usually pretty clean.... Eufaula is always been clean when I was there.

Would be funny to see a game ranger setting in the parking lots and watching, and as people leave, hand em a littering ticket.

Maybe we need to write some judges and ask them to sentence some of these people that have to do community service at the dam sites on a clean up detail. Or the youngester thats doing the youth offenders.

I'm sure I was guilty of tossing cigarette butts out the windows in my smoking days! But, after bypass surgery 10 years ago, that smoking habit went bye bye...

5. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I fish eufaula quite often and it gets just as trashed as anywhere else.. If im out there fishing over night me and my buddys will burn all that fishing line and trash thats been left there...

what really bugs me is when people leave fish in the rocks or sidewalks to rot... the other day someone threw 2 gar right along the stairs at eufaula.. :angry:

Its never ending though...

6. OkieOFT

OkieOFT New Member

State:
    Wister, Oklahoma

Yep...The rotting fish always get me. There is no sense at all in leaving a fish to die and rot in a public fishing area. People are real bad about it around here, espesially with gar...I just throw mine back, I love to fight gar.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I believe the state game laws say you connot legally throw a fish onto the bank to die... but what the heck, most people know the laws and CHOOSE to not comply with them.

8. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma

Yep there is a sign that clearly says "no dumping of fish above buoy line... $5000 fine"

I forget.. was it $500 or was it $5000 ? ... guess it doesnt matter bc I have yet to see anyone enforce it. :eek:oooh:

9. Southern Woman

Southern Woman New Member

State:
    Texas
    :sad2: You guys hit my nerve for when it comes to trashing beautiful spots, it really hurts me. I am a fisherwoman and a nature lover and all for keeping America clean.......with lots of helpers, we can.