Keysone Below the Dam

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by lonnie84, May 15, 2008.

1. lonnie84

lonnie84 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Has anyone been fishing below the dam lately? I was thinking of heading over there, but I have not been there for several years. Is one side better than the other?

2. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    the south side is much better for catfishing . most people on the north side are throwing jigs at strippers

3. lonnie84

lonnie84 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the info, I would have headed to north side but I think I'll go south!

4. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    North side catches as many catfish as southside, but the crowds are less and folks are a lot easier to get along with on the southside. Me I go catch the easy shad and drift the lake.

Mr. Whiskr

5. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas

You can throw jigs at strippers?? Man, I wish I would have known that, would have saved me a TON in $1 bills over the years! LOL:smile2:

6. SunburntAgain

SunburntAgain New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    With the high water discharges try going downstream on the southside. About a mile downstream is Swift Park which is a popular place to launch boats for the dam fishing. If you pull down to the lower level of the parking lot there is usually a line of boulders blocking an old jeep trail that leads downstream. This sometimes may be subverted in a vehicle, and at worst case on foot...but if you get to the end of that trail there is a 90 degree hook in the bank that makes a slackwater spot for highwater fishing that is deep and strewn with large boulders. It's worth the trouble to get there :big_smile: