Key west fishing in December?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BajaCoop, Dec 8, 2009.

1. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Anyone know anything about fishing around key west or miami area in december?

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Anytime you can go fishing in the Keys Ed.....do it! I use to fish down there two to three times a year. I always just took some of my rods and fished from the bridges. They have the old bridges that run next to the new ones that you can fish off of. I took one medium to light spinning rod to catch little snapper, yellow tail and blue runners and two larger rigs for sharks and grouper. The permit usually school up in the deeper water during the winter along with a lot of other fish. Give me a call if you want to talk about the area and I can tell you what I have learned about down there.

3. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    well the trip pretty much died as fast as it was born.

Somehow between my dad and sister they got the idea that we would all go to florida from the 20-25 but about 2 hours after they came up with that idea she found out she couldn't go.

I still wanna go sometime but i want to plan it out a bit farther ahead.

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ed, you dont have to go so far south to have a good time. there are places off Louisiana's coast that i would put against key west anyday. billfishing is a blast, but getting on one of those oil rigs you liable to catch 20 differnt kinds of fish in one trip. unless you lookin for big preditory fish like shark or tarpon. not saying dont go, key west is a nice time, just so far for you, flying prolly pricy too.

5. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    over the last two months i have been traveling back and forth from the Miami Lauderdale area and the fishing is awful good. i would say you can find some good fishing around Louisiana like stated. however i can tell you from experience, the last two months have produced some good fish for me.

6. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I'm heading down there in April fishing for Tarpon. I dont know much about it but my dads been there the last three years, and he said they would be better than anything in the Missouri River. I'll make my own assesment when I return.:wink: