Kevin----MARKLAND

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by skippie2use, Aug 7, 2006.

1. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Steve and I where talking about going to markland dam This weekend. This is not for sure because I have some stuff going on but may be able to get out of. It would be nice to see a bunch of us down there if I can go. I will have to try to get BIG BAIT thursday night though. I will know by about 4 thursday if ill be able to go. I was going to take the kids to fish catfish masters youth tourn. saturday but I think that they want to do something else but wont know till thursday.

2. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey man I would like to go but already know that i've got plans to get my kids on friday and going to a show with the wife on saturday. Hope you guys do good and be safe.

3. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    is the markland dam close to were the swiss wine festival was???

4. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Tim....the dam is just upstream from Vevay which is where the wine festival was.

5. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i was just up there and my grandpa told me about a dam up past vevay. is it good fishing?

6. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    Hey Skippie, My bro and I are in for sure. Should I bring down the tracker or would steve be able to sqeeze the both of us on his catfish yacht, give steve some props because his pontoon boat is the ultimate catfish destroyer! I have been thinking about Markland since the last trip. I got some new gear I can't wait to try out.

7. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Funny...I was just down at Markland yesterday doing some scouting...didnt even take my fishing gear. But it looks like a great place to fish. All the ingredients for some brute catfish. I am pretty sure now that my buddies 18' Riverpro could handle the water there. Be sure to post how you guys do. I would love to go, but I am going up to Warsaw Indiana this weekend.

8. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Eric
    You are reading an old post. We can try to hook up soon but can't this weekend. Squeezing both of you on the boat shouldn't be a problem. Maybe in two or three weeks.
    Steve

9. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    my roommate is from warsaw

10. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Going to fish Winona Lake....another Indiana fishing board I am on is having it's fall outing there this weekend. I am looking forward to it. Might try some catfishing while I am there..or at Pike Lake...I hear both have some nice channels in them, but I will be primarily targeting walleyes.

11. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Steve we have our own catfish to destroy this weekend. Hope we can keep up what has been going on for the last two months. Just hope old fishing cronies beat me to our spots LOL. Buy the way Eric we could prob. fish half of the Indiana boc on that destroyer COMFORTABLY. As long as we dont want to get anywhere quick. That many people would prob. slow it down to a crawl. Ill bring the tank buy thursday night steve after work then I have to go take family portrates with the family in richmond. Was supposed to do that in July. Then Friday we can go to Kentucky lake to catch skipjack. Since there are none on the ohio river.LOL