Kevin grubb

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by smokey, May 7, 2009.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Kevin Grubb, a former nation wide driver was found dead in a motel. no cause of death was given. He was kicked out of nascar when he refused to submit to a drug test in 2006. no cause of death was given.
    smokey

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Joe, he died form a self inflicted gun shot to the head. Read all about it athttp://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sports/motor_sports/article/GRUB07_20090507-003204/266291/

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    He had a chance at the dream and threw it all away for drugs.... sad story.

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    wow that sucks,You know some people get hooked on drugs threw no fault of there own,and once your on them sometimes its almost impossible to get off.Sometimes being on drugs isnt a choice that you just woke up one day a decided to make.I should know i was once a drug addict started years ago when i had cancer and was kept pumped up full of morphine all the time.Heck i was already addicted by the time i left the hospital, then for months afterward the doctors were perscribing pain killers anytime i asked for them,so i had help.No no one forced them in my mouth but nobody said that was enough either.
    Im clean now thank God have been 8 years but we dont know what got grubb started or what put him over the edge,all we know is that drugs took another victim and that truly is sad.But unless you have walked in an addicts shoes you never really understand the hell and the war that goes on inside you everyday,that friggin drug making you do things just to make you feel a little what you think is normal just for a little while.
    Anyway ill get off my soap box but dont be to hard on the guy we have no idea what he was going through or what kind of shape his mind was in after those drugs took over.:sad2:

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've never took an illegal drug in my life, not once. I made that choice, so he did have a choice to start doing that crap. He didn't do it because of a medical condition, if it was medically related and supported he would have no fear of the drug test.

6. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    I know where your coming from bro,but like i said if you have never been there you wouldnt understand,you cant,unless you have done alot of homework or been there.And thats what makes it tough people just dont get it they dont understand you or the disease you have and instead of helping you they point fingers and blame you,and its just because they dont know any better. It turns into one vicious cycle.

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would if NASCAR offers Drug rehab or counceling for drivers with drug problums,or is that left up to the teams or the person with trouble?
    smokey

8. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    I dont know thats a good question,i think Nascar should be proactive and and put them on probation and weekly drug tests as long as they agree to go to drug rehab AND counseling and complete it.and if theres a second offense then ban them.But give them some incentive to get clean first you know?I mean you cant help everyone because there are people out there that dont want help they want to be on drugs im speaking of the ones that dont want to be and need help doing it.

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    From my understanding, Grubb got busted on a random screening in 2004, got suspended. As a term of his reinstatement Nascar mandated an anywhere/anytime random screening for Grubb. In 2006 at Richmond Grubb refused to submit a sample, thus being suspended for the second and final time.
    He had an opportunity to get right, he blew it. He'll get no pitty from me.

Here's a drug policy, ZERO TOLLERANCE!

10. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Anyone know if Darian Grubb is any kin to kevin?
    smokey

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I for one know its easy to become dependent on Morphine,I have been in so many crashes that at onetime My butt looked like a pin cushin.I dont have anything to do with it now but there was a time...
    I also know that most street drugs you really have to try to become dependent on them.If the habit comes from a medical ailment the person should have the right to get help W/O losing his job.Bit as far as street drugs go I say its the persons choice.NO 2nd chances!!
    Driving a car at 200 mph I dont want some cat next to me thinking about getting this race over so he can get right!Thats just MHO. You do a line,then drive a car going that fast, You reap what you sow.
    smokey

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Good question, but No, they are not. However, Darian Grubb does have a brother named Kevin but not the Kevin Grubb that shot himself.

The Kevin Grubb in this topic has a brother named Wayne that also raced some in the old Busch series

13. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    thankx wolfman, thats why you get the BIG buck and company car.
    smokey