Kerr's Icebowl

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bluecat69, Dec 4, 2009.

1. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Anyone plan on fishing the Icebowl on January 23rd? I have never fished Kerr but sounds like us VA boys (an gals) need to go down and show them NC boys (an gals) how to fish.

2. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    hell yes I'm fishing it, 4th place last year. I blew a close 1st. NO DOUBT in my mind NC is gonna take a whoopin again. The NC boys best start calling the BOC NC boys for help. It was a excellent turnout for a 1st year tournament and think it's going to grow bigger and better every year.

3. starcraft72

starcraft72 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yeah I'm plan in on it too! VA represent!!!:0a22:

NC :0a37:

4. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Wouldn't miss it for the world, it's a first class tournament. There will be lots of door prizes. This is a open tourney to all Va. and Nc catfisherman.
    All rules and regs at www.addictionoutdoors.com

5. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    Actually it's open to anyone who wants to fish it.If your from another state, who just have to state at time of registration if your fishing for the winning side or NC. There was over 40 boats last year being the 1st thats outstanding. At the weigh in there was cars parked all along the highway. I believe this year is going to be huge, raffles, door prizes, stew, etc. If your from out of state there is nice motels right on the lake directly across from the launch site. A good time is had by all. 100% payback.

6. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
  7. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Hope to see you there Travis.

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Sounds like fun. Best of luck to you guys fishing it. I haven't had much luck at Kerr, so credit goes to you guys who consistently hammer them there.

9. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Come on down Joshua, I'll show you what I know. We were the winning team last year and want to keep it that way.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  10. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Had a good time last year! Hope to make again this year? Things are hard on alot of us NC boys not getting to fish very often. I will do my best to make it and round up the NC hard hitters that did not make it last year! Did ruin a prop and chunk a skeg during the tour, and spent most of the night and morning before throwing for bait and still was not able to get the bait I wanted. Forchantly I did manage to win a reel and beat the northern loud mouth lol! Best whishes to all that are able to make the Ice Bowl. The south shall rise again lol!

11. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    Rookie says he is tellin all you tarheels where all the big cats are so get in touch with him. Only 1 problem with that, I'm pulling them out of his holes and dropping them in mine. Water hit the 40's finally it's time. Hope your boat holds alot of gas cause it's a run to rookies holes from Occonechee. You won't hit nothin on that run.:wink:

12. 60lbclub

60lbclub New Member

State:
    virginia
    yo keepit, whast that about a 84 being checked in????had to put the boat in the shop yesterday, got a problem with the lower unit...they are tryin to stick it to me hard, but i aint havin it

13. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    60 That motor should still be under warranty?

14. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Keepitsimple you dont have to worry about me makeing that run in my slow boat! But wish i could! But there are good fish to be caught from one end of the lake to the other end all year long. You just got to hold your mouth right.

15. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    I checked again yesterday with another source who said the samething, 84lber checked in at rj's/jj's in hibernia. Thats a HAWG! Fished way down yesterday, caught 5 mid to high teeners and lost a real nice 1. Wind was rippin I started fishing the area wrong, thats how you learn. I hope it's not to big a deal with your boat and done quick, I need to get your butt down below the bridges and show you a few things.
    Quint, your not the only one that can't make the run, Occoneechee was not a good choice IMO. I plan on taking another tank of gas just for the run. Perfect Point, Bluestone, the steps are goin to be packed with boats that can't make the run.

16. cobysdad06

cobysdad06 New Member

State:
    Sutherlin VA.
    The steps! we'll keep going, w/ plenty of horses.

17. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    I know where your going Cobysdad, I believe your going to have company unless he's in your boat. :wink: I will have to get a few cell numbers that day so I can call to transport that 100lber in that HUGE livewell from down below.

18. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA

Attached Files:

19. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    God bless the commonwealth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else plan to be there??? Come on out and have some fun with us kicking those NC guys and gals buts....

20. catback

catback New Member

State:
    virginia
    better believe ill be there !! im tring to figure out how to attach this bath tub to my boat so i can get that monster back to way in !!! go team Va!