Kerr Scott Lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cat<*(((><Brown, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Cat<*(((><Brown

Cat<*(((><Brown New Member

State:
    nc
    Does anyone fish W Kerr Scott up in Wilksboro? Any info would be helpfull.

2. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    I live in noth wilkesboro, fishing in kerr scott is o.k. nothing to braig about. lucky if you get a 6 lb channel. but you can catch cats in numbers. Its not a bad lake to fish. I'm in to big fish so i dont fish it that much, Lake Hickory and norman are the best, both within 30 or so min.

3. Cat<*(((><Brown

State:
    nc
    I hear it's a good crappie lake? What about the shad population? Also heard it had hybird bass but they were over fished. Is the lake still fished as heavy as it was in the past? I agree I like to big fish also but my brother-in-law wants to fish it bad so what the hell. Would you start on the end at the dam or go up the lake. Thanks for your help! <*(((><

4. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    when i fish the lake i put in at Blood creek and go around cove and up river to the sandbar, and work my way back down eather drifting or anchored around the islands where i mark fish. If you go into mikes bait shop mike will tell you about anything you want to no about the lake. Last time i went caught 2-3lb channels.

5. Cat<*(((><Brown

State:
    nc
    Cool. I need to go up for a weekend and drive around a little just to look around. Thanks for the help. <*(((><

6. quailman

quailman New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sorry crappie fished there some