Kerr Navigation Channel

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by avman63, Feb 29, 2008.

1. avman63

avman63 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thought I would try some bank fishing at the Kerr Navigation channel in Broken Arrow on Saturday, Kelmar said it was a good spot. Has anybody else fished this area on the bank and if so where is a good spot? Plan on taking my 8 year old son so no extremely brushy areas please.

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    The channel isn't too friendly to walk, I would suggest going to Bluff Landing if you want to fish the Channel. This is a large oxbow right off the channel and there's easy walking on the shoreline/campground area's of Bluff Landing. To get there take 71st/Kenosha 12 miles East from the BA Expressway and 71st. You could also try fishing on the Lock and Dam at Bluegill point. There's a small area that you can cast down below the spillway area of the Lock and Dam but you might have other fisherman there and there's not too much room. You could also walk down and fish below but it might be more walking than you want, while taking your son.

3. avman63

avman63 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

4. avman63

avman63 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well my son and I didn't catch a thing at the navigation channel not even a nibble. Talked to several other people and they didn't catch anything either, guess they just weren't biting Saturday. :sad2: