kerr lake?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by jugliner, Jan 17, 2008.

1. jugliner

jugliner New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I was fishing last weekend at kerr below the dam and noticed that there where no gates open. Does anyone know how you find out when they are going to open the gates? My second question is I went up to the lake side and it seemed auful low as I could see alot of metal sticking up out on the side. How can the lake be above normal when it looks so low. Jugliner

2. Jugs by Bert

Jugs by Bert New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Try this website....somewhere on here should tell ya. Mike:eek:oooh:

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Don, welcome to the BOC/SOC:cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library a lot of good info in there. You can call the dam at 1-918-775-3474. They will be able to tell you which generator if any is running and if they are running gates before you drive down there. They get their orders from another location so they can't tell you when they will start a generator or open a gate because they don't know. But you can find out whats going on right then.
    Do you have a boat? Would you like to fish tournaments? You can stop at the village sporting gods on 59 highway and they can give you some information about tournaments up on the lake. The schedule and rules are posted on this site under pole benders catfish club. Be glad to have you join in on the fun if your interested.

4. Randy Jones

Randy Jones New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Hey Mike teher are a couple of numbers you can call to see what is going on at the lock the lock # 918-775-2091 the generater side is 918-775-3474

5. jugliner

jugliner New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have never fish any tournament but, am interested. I do have a boat and do alot of pleasure fishing. I am going fishing tomorrow ev. below the dam again. I just bought a 13ft fenwick gonna give it a spin but, i'm not bringing the boat. Don

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    donn the best fishing is above the dam, i have a friend that has been fishing below the dam and not doing too good. If i was bank fishiong i would try starr point on the deep shelf 35-42 ft deep, or Tamaha, or cowlington off the point. The fishing has been good on the lake side.:big_smile: