kerr lake report

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Steven Armstrong, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    a buddy who is retired and fishes 4 or 5 times a week, told me yesterday he caught his limit of blues and channels in deep water, fishing the edge of the nav. channel. another buddy who is a noodler he checked all his holes this week and all were empty. it sounds like we`re back in business ! now to rig that window unit on the boat! :smile2:

2. roger long

roger long New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    we went out yesterday after 5 pm till dark we only caught one 2lbs. blue we fished 4ft. to 35ft. cant find them

3. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    he was fishing at the end of the rock jetty over by the beach on the north side of the channel. i would sure like to find out for my self but i`m on call this weekend, so i guess i mess around the house

4. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Roger... Kerr is easy once you learn it. Pick any bank or point that has the breeze or wind blowing into it. Set your boat up anchored bow into the wind in 5 feet or less of water. Cast your baits up into the shallow water... ideally less than 3 feet deep. I personally like stumps in 1 foot of water. (think sandbars and islands)

Use your rod holders or you'll lose round one while preparing the next rod to cast. Use whatever bait you have confidence in. Fresh cut shad is hard to beat, but that new Super 7 bait is really good.

Let us know how it all works out for you!:smile2:

5. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    hey albert , what have i been missing? there's only one thing i can't wait more the football season starting

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Been a while Steven but.......back in the day we used to fish around there in late july & early august & just killed them every year:tounge_out: we would fish the swimming area with our boat pointed at the beach (paralel) with the dike about 5ft outside the bouys marking the swim area 1 would throw along the dike & the other along the bouy line & start working our way toward the end of the dike...bagged several big fish there all blues:eek:oooh::tounge_out:
    Dont know if they still migrate there or not..but i will say about day-break those shad would be thick right up on the bank for about 30 minutes then move out to deeper water.......

7. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    sounds like a plan! i may just try fishing there sat.

8. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    steven. will they let you walk out on the end of that jetty. my boat is still down and have always wanted to walk out to the end and fish off of it. i wonder if i could pull a wagon on it or is it to rocky to pull a wagon. haven't to the beach in years. like 15 +. going to do some night fishing some time this week. if i can get some bait. went to weber dam the other day. after a hour of casting got 3 shad. 1 gen and 1 gate open. did catch 2 channels and 1 blue. cant complain.

9. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    yes i think you can walk the jetty from the beach area, ita a long walk, you`ll have to park at the beach parking area

10. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    my boat is still down and we are trying to think of an area we could fish at night. just to hot during the day. actually we are stalling. waiting for it to cool off more at night. hot days and cool nights. that will drive the cats at kerr dam out of there deep holes to get to the cool water.

11. Randy Jones

Randy Jones New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I know one thimg there is some of them copper-headed-snattle-rakes out there as long & as big as your leg better watch for them, they will come to a light to see whats there

12. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    we`ll let the snakes have it ! i`ll just stay in the boat! whitney i hear the fish are biting below the dam , but i don`t know about bank fishing, these guys were drift fishing

13. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i don't know where they are down there, but i have killed over 6 coppermoccasins, those damn copperdogs hard to mow the land

14. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    todays report: i caught 7 keepers between 10:00am and 12:30 pm here on kerr, biggest around 12lbs. all were caught from 20 to 30 ft. deep:wink:

15. Randy Jones

Randy Jones New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I was wondering how you did, everytime we tried to talk one would run off and end our conversation. I figured you would catch a boat load.

16. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    yea i had a good time friday, saturday i caught eight in almost the same place,couldn`t get quite in the same hole, some fellow got there first and had trown out fourty jugs , but i never saw him catch a thing on his jugs, i guess he didn`t have the old number nine love potion for bait!

17. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i heard someone talk about number 9. didnt think it was a real bait. or is it and is it any good.

18. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    its the best home made bait out there! it was a family secret before it got out! we all knew that teauge couldn`t hold on to that secret:embarassed::tounge_out:

19. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Ya can't let Teague get it Steven save the recipie at all costs!!!!!!!:tounge_out::eek:oooh::wink:

20. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    i think maybe ronald may be using it as a after shave:tounge_out: