kerr lake report

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Steven Armstrong, May 18, 2008.

1. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    we caught 18 blues 5-17-08 on kerr lake, all in 2 to 3 ft. deep . biggest was 16 lbs.. there is still a lot of current to deal with and bait was tuff to find in the lake. catfish are biting! come down!:big_smile:

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thanks for the report, we haven't been out on Kerr in several weeks. Probably hit it next weekend. Big Sam has been tearing them up on the Arkansas river down around Scranton. He's been catching his limit in 2 hours or so each trip. I've been so busy that I haven't wet a hook:angry:. Also heard they are tearing them up on trotlines at Blue Mountain.

3. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    sounds like i might ought to see about an ark.lic. and follow sam some sat. morning. where is scranton?

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the report,I'll be in Stigler this coming weekend from Sat thru mon. Hoping to tie into a few good blues on Kerr.

5. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    have you got some folks over at stigler? i have a few cousins over in the stigler area i also know a pentecostal preacher from stigler, he was a pretty good fullback back on that stigler team back in the 60`s

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My father in law lives on Beaver Mtn. We fish kerr at Tomaha and Brewers bend all the time. My wife's family is Self ,and her granny's name was Wilson.

7. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    we do a lot of fishing there around tamaha, where we fished sat. we could see tamaha from the north side ,we also like to fish over around combine and little san bois. we plan onfishing next sat. we might see you out there.

8. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well they just got eletricity last year Steve :eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2: Hell time i buy gas to kerr & back with it riding 4 bucks a gallon:sad2: 1 trip out is 80 bucks:angry: Gotta stay close to home Steve...Glad to hear your catching fish though. I been tearing e'm up:wink: Thank's for letting the "cat" outta the bag Johnny:wink: I got plenty of cats though Steve :smile2: if your gonna follow me around I'll have to give ya a couple to take home with ya.:wink:

9. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    you know they have car pooling, i guess we need to start boat pooling! this way we might learn big sam`s fishing secrets!:cool2:

10. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    The only SECRET i know of is.........Randy really eats those dead chickens Teague carries around in the boat:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2:

11. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    did you know he soaks them soy sause and marvels mystery oil(HE DID USE BLUE VELVET) i don`t know the mixture but it sure must be a mess:eek:oooh:

12. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    i think thats what he`s been using in these bbq cook offs hes been getting in. i guess thats the reason for all the smoke:smile2: i said the wang was from the soy sause but he may need to just change oil:crazy:

13. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well them boy's MAY need to change more than the oil!!!:eek:oooh::big_smile::tounge_out:

14. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the report hope to be heading somewhere soon haven't quite figured out where

15. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    if you are wanting to camp, apple gate has some real nice camping spots with hookups for campers i think there is even have showers there also its a corp. run area and is well kept. also close to town! come on down the fishing is still good!