kerr lake report

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Steven Armstrong, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    12-21-07 fishing on kerr lake was good this after noon, caught shad in the channel at around 30ft. caught nine blues three hours of fishing , eight keepers biggest was 9lbs. in 7ft. of water:roll_eyes:

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    good to see somebody's still fishing or atleast putting out some reports, 10ft that's pretty shallow but however i've seen them everywhere right now, i've just been fishing alot deeper, my grandpa was an armstrong, where are you from, sallisaw???

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC Steven. Are you going to fish the pole bender tournaments on Kerr? Are you kin to Jack Armstrong? I here he is looking for a partner.

4. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    the jack armstrong who fishes the pole benders touraments, i don`t know but i do have an uncle who loves to fish whos name is also is jack armstrong he lives a little east of catoosa at a developement called timber ridge. i`m ray armstrong and my son is steven he is the one registered on this site but its my picture and i do most of the posting. i`ve lived here all my life as my family has for many years even before state hood. my son and myself haven`t been fishing too long and are still learning, we rode motorcycles for along time , lost intrest and bought a boat. i`m still learning how to master the casting net , so far its a slow process and i need practice. everything i knew about catfishing was trot lining and it hasn`t been much help. so we we rely on what a co-founder of the polebenders (randy jones) is teaching us. we fished the open pole benders tournament but any lately. some say i`m to tight i say we will when we learn more about it.

5. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR
    Steve, me Big Sam and Big Sammy hit Kerr today pretty much from daylight til dark. Was ya'll out fishing today? Randy Jones is a great catman and can teach you a lot. Just don't tell him i told you that or his head will swell:smile2:.

6. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    "I`m still learning how to master the casting net"

Check out the boc library...one of my old fellow fisherman (FWMUD) (keith Sword)posted an article there on how to throw the cast net....

i taught him away that will have you getting a full opening from the first day you throw it....it is very simple...

the only drawback is you will get wet cause you have to rest part of it on your shoulder...so you should wear some wet weather gear...

hope this helps!!!....good luck...

7. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    777 i hit the water about noon and fished till dark, we`re you on the pontoon boat just before dark over at short mountain. we`re going this morning, meeting randy jones at 6:30 at diamond express. if you see a grey boat with roughneck on the side its my self (ray) or steven give us a holler:smile2:

8. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR
    We weren't in the toon we were in Sams new 2072. We put in at Short Mountain, We'll look for you the next time out. Hope ya'll tear them up. We caught a 20+ and a 14. Had about 15 total and all but three of the rest were 5 to 9 lb. fish. Post how you done today.