kerr lake report

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Steven Armstrong, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    slow on bites today, seven keepers between 7:00am till noon, plenty of gar and drum, we had very few bites after 9:30am,just an average summer time pattern

2. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    8-22-09 randy jones and myself tore them up! we caught close to both limits, our biggest was a 18.8 lb. blue. the water was like glass with a touch of fall around day light. the fish are biting and theres plenty of shad. come on down to kerr !

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Steve are you back workng? What depth or what part of the lake were ya'll fishing. Catching lots of eaters around Arkie's with a big one or two mixed in.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Is the WIND BLOWING?:eek:oooh:

5. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    johnny , we caught most in 10' in the stumps around harkies island and a few around combine. we were using randies new boat, it looks like we're ready for kerr and a windy winter!

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    About time someone started a new Kerr thread!!!:tounge_out: Ok Steven & Randy were ready:wink: On to buisness though me & Regan snuck off & fished Kerr early saturday morning..launched at 630am:wink: had shad & "skips":eek:oooh: They wanted the "skips":tounge_out: and they REALLY wanted them....Regan still kinda sick he was rusty on the playing field today:crazy: ( I'll be glad when your well) The water temp was 79* starting off air temp was 59 it was a beautiful morning crisp & clear...the wind was out of the north 5-10 skipeye:wink: Man it was just right too, which is rare. Regan forgot his shades & i forgot the anchor:tounge_out: so we drifted & drifted some more & drifted some more & the Blues were hitting the bait so hard they were pinning the rods in the driftmaster Duo's...Teamcatfish 1tons got a work out & i was impressed they took a pounding....we was using 8/0 teamcatfish double action hooks they all hooked themselves today...caught a limit easy...even a flathead!!! He waylayed a shad..about a 7lber it was funny...caught some very nice blues..turned back a few 6lbers a 9lber and few more only kept 4 & below to clean....regan had the higlhight though he hooked to massive blues dragging around a 1/2lb skip-jack head on a kahle hook:eek:oooh:both tore his a$$ up....to tell the truth i was glad to just see the fish hammering the bait it has been a few months since that has happened...fall is just around the corner and so is some very nice fishing weather....see ya on the water!! Johnny had to work a double shift sorry ya missed it my friend it was a good trip! Maybe next time!

7. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Always a blast to fish with the Big Man My hearing is getting better
    slowly How many lobster tails did mom get :crazy: market price maybe
    cheaper now but I doubt it:smile2::smile2:

8. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I will be passing the hat around for gas $$$ just to catch skips with:wink::eek:oooh::tounge_out: Lobster it was 65 big ones i feel kinda Ill:wink: but i did trim the tree limbs off the roof, blow the leaves & acorns off the roof, clean the gutters change the porch fllod light, mow the yard,:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh: yes on my anniversary:cool2: may go to # 13 this afternoon be there with $$$ so i can get home:wink:

9. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Sam, we will all pitch in next year about a week early, so when you have to pay Red Lob$ter a visit, you won't have to do all that yard work and house work too.
    Johnny can mow, Regan can do all the rest and I can supervise.
    Sounds like you had a great trip. I noticed the blues hitting like that on the river this weekend too. Maybe the fishing is about to get good.

10. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Still trying to recover:wink::eek:oooh::tounge_out:

11. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    ...........all I can say is "happy anniversary Big $am"