Kerr Lake IV - Baitboat arrives!!!

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Big Sam, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well Regan finally got his Ok-license:eek:oooh::tounge_out: yep it was a lot to handle at one time!!!!:smile2: His maiden voyage occured on January 2nd 2009....we started in at about 2pm got off early & attacked....of course the wind was blowing so he got to "taste" some white-caps:wink: 2fters max though:tounge_out: I reckon he bagged a few fish couple around 6-8lbs while he was occupied with the "dinks" i battled a 15lber and 19lber:smile2: we had several fish....of course he had to catch an "elusive" cannel-cat:eek:oooh: we fished till dark & turned all fish loose :wink: yes he hexed me into catching a channel also:confused2: He is hooked for sure!!!! Little gun-shy on the wind though!!!:0a5:

2. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    It sounds like you guys had fun. Congrats on the fish.

3. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    My first time to fish kerr Had alot of fun in a short time. Big Sam always
    catches a big one . He makes me fish out the front of the boat
    while he holds down the back :smile2: ready to do it again:wink: bigger fish out of the back:smile2:

4. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I reckon the fish with their keen sense of smell can detect those bananna flavored "moon-pies" you so freely throw around:wink: so they come to the back of the boat for some goos grub:wink::smile2::tounge_out:

5. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Now that's what I'm talking about:smile2: I should tell the boc about them
    banana moon pies, But I won't:wink:

6. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    They should be out-lawed for a 3 state area!!!:wink::eek:oooh: He brought some fishing one time & i got sick after eating one:eek:oooh: i tasted that moon-pie for 5 days:smile2: let alone the time i spent in the restroom:0a30: It was a nightmare to say the least!!!:cool2:

7. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    I think you catch more big fish with them moon pies:roll_eyes: But some of us
    can't handle them:sad2: It sure was funny when you told me the rest
    of the story:smile2:

8. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    new tournament rule: all entries must eat at least one banana moon pie at sign in! not lol!its chocolate moon pies!! sam you should have washed that moon pie down with an rc cola,mmm good!

9. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I washed all-right Ray.....The toilet rim for a week solid!!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2: I am getting queezy just re-hasing the event!!!! Heck i was in the grocery store & noticed them on an isle...it was all i could do to get out of the store safely!!!! Nasty little dudes:wink:

10. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Well for all you polebenders we all know BIG SAM"S weak-spot now.
    May be a little cool sat havent heard about the all important
    wind speed:crazy: Good luck my friend and 777:smile2:

11. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Thanks for pointing out that the "kryptonite" will bring the big man down:eek:oooh::wink::tounge_out: yep cold front saturday wont hear the wind speed till friday evening.....maybe since we aint in the "war-wagon" we can get a big one:wink: Johnny's new livewell is "hexed" at the moment!!:confused2:

12. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    i think while sam and johnny are signing in saturday morning i`ll slip some moon pies in their boat storage, i bet that will help with their luck!

13. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Thank's Ray nothinbg like fellow - members doing their part!!:wink: Back to "Bait-boat"....we snuck off saturday morning to fish Kerr it was shakey from the start:smile2::tounge_out: forgot my wallet at home had to be transported by Regan to get it..low & behold a box of "moonpies" were by my feet looked at least 6 months old :eek:oooh: & you wonder why their on my $#@! - list? It was pretty much over at that point but we went anyway:confused2: He busted a couple over 10lbs a few 8's several 5's ( seems like we always say that reeling them in!!) Of course the wind quit it was north about 10 ... i knew it was over when the lake laid down like glass for about 5 minutes then switched wnw at 15-30mph mostly 30 :tounge_out::smile2: I didnt get suckered out in the main lake though..we called it pretty quick after the switch.....I know the past few weeks it has been almost impossible to hit the main body of water due to the wind..just seen this weekends forecast .....................WINDY saturday & sunday!!!!! We cant get a break for some reason:confused2::tounge_out:

14. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    We need a submarine for the windy days:smile2: I would like to see a little
    more of the lake . Have always caught fish before the huricane winds
    start though:wink:

15. Steven Armstrong

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    on the tenth we had to use three ancors to stay ancored out and still had problems! i`m sure thankful for frog togs! i`m not sure i could have stayed hooked up with out them!

16. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Ray there is times on Kerr a feller "Does-Not" want to stay hooked up!!:tounge_out: Especially when she is rolling 3fters & above:eek:oooh: unless ya want to turn on your re-circulator & transform your boat into a whirl-pool-bath:smile2::tounge_out::eek:oooh:

17. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Another trip was put in the record books on 2/16/09......Regan, "Preacher Mike" & myself attacked fairly early....Finally the wind was not a major factor in the outing:wink: We anchored up at 730 and got after it.....wasnt long ol'e Mikes pole went down & stayed down:eek:oooh: after a brutal-battle ( i finally had to tell him turn that big boy or your gonna lose him 80lb braid will stop him in his tracks) a 26lb blue was brought on board:tounge_out: well Regan in the mean time was dealing with fiddlers:wink: when his pole went down .....no fish ......i asked about his hook ......he re-baited and went back at it.....same thing pole went down ......no fish..........he had my attention then i knew it was a "hook" issue & it couldn't be a Teamcatfish hook ...well it was a freakin eagle claw 8/0 circle:misdoubt: his "friend" :smile2: gave it to him to try:smile2: well after i gave a 30minute speech on my take of his "hook" he re-baited and casted:eek:oooh: this time it was a true hammer down world-class blue stripping drag from the 6600ABU with 80lb braided....the rod was pinned in the holder...he finally got it out and began the fight:tounge_out: it was short-lived!!!! the hook did not set and away went the 30-40lb blue....he sit down & did not speak for 2hrs!!!!!!! I finally gave him 1lb of chocolate to pull him out of the depression.....he changed hooks & tossed it in the lake...........I think we "ragged' on him a bit...we ended up with a few fish some photos & definately a day to remember:wink:

18. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Well it was a presidents day to forget:cool2: I was glad to go fishing though.
    Always a good time with BIG SAM :smile2: I will stay with team catfish 8 o circles I was just testing them eagle claw hooks they failed.

19. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Have ya forgot presidents day yet?????????????????????????:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2:

20. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Yes and it was nice to meet Stephen Armstrong at the pole benders
    sat. Man that wind was a kerr special:crazy: