Kerr Lake April 6th

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Big Sam, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well i went fishing on Kerr sunday. Johnny had to set this one out he had to have a GOLF- FIX!!:tounge_out::smile2::wink: You missed it Johnny!! What a day. Started off slow then the action heated up as it took me a while to find the fish. ( secret cove XXX) When i did it was on!! I forgot it was opening day of turkey season, as i was fishing a big covey of wild turkeys came to the bank and got a drink just making all kinds of racket!!! As i was moving around i spotted the game warden and Lake patrol sneaking around:smile2: I just kept fishing no biggie. Then i noticed them towing people in. :smile2: I figured i was close to my 15 limit so i headed back. Looked over and here came the warden:tounge_out: So i stopped and he said seen ya catching fish got a liscense??? So on board he came. Luckily i dont do alcohol and havent in many years. He checked my ice-chest. then went to the live-well. Water was dirty so he coulkdnt see them good said he would follow me to the ramp. I got to wondering how many i had. Got to the ramp here comes lake patrol!!! He boards the boat it was my old pal Rodney!!! He shoots the breeze for a while and comments on how he wont have to save me no more since i got a new big boat!! He checks safety stuff and splits. Mean while the warden was rounding folks up for alcohol in there boats!! He finally gets to me and un-loads the fish i was a little worried........But i had 14 fish 1 shy of the limit. I had 5 that went 9.9 lbs!!!! Good thing they werent over the 10lb mark:big_smile: They both said they are gonna start hitting the lake more often. Folks that drink better think twice about it on the water. There was more than one going to jail.

2. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    never fished kerr ,,but here is a tip to keep legal .. the fire extinguisher in the boat needs to be checked before each outing
    It needs to read full ..If it is on the recharge line you will get a ticket...My friend got one and he had 2 extinguishers...but did not know they will loose charge after about a year

you have been warned

3. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    damn boys, sounds like they drive a hard bargain down their to fish, shoot the straight an arrow, the GRDA up here once a season lets you drive your boat up and get a free inspection thoroughly i will do that to go ahead and get them out of my hair, Game warden diffrent story i didn't know a guy couldn't drink a cold beer or 2 on these warmer days while fishing down on kerr, wonder why?

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you had a great time on the lake

5. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well far as i know alcohol is againist the law in a boat period. No exceptions open or not:smile2::tounge_out::wink: By the way i would have had pictures, but my personal photographer ( ole # 13) decided to whack at the little-ball:smile2::tounge_out:

6. shadmaster

shadmaster New Member

State:
    OK
    Not against the law to have or consume alcohol on the boat but if you are the operator you have given implied consent to be tested of DUI.

7. Randy Jones

Randy Jones New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    :0a22:There pretty drastic on d.u.i. on the lake now and have been for a while it is a good thing because who ever is driving boat should be alert if nothing else safety reasons. As for the fishing sounds like you had a good day sam wish I could have been there, but the wife thought the flower beds and garden needed tilling worse than I needed to fish ( she just don't realise how IMPORTANT fishing really is) so that is where I spent my weekend.:sad2::angry:

8. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, i guess it could vary from lake to lake, but i know Grand for a fact it isn't illegal nor consuming while operating, but i do know if they feel the need to give you a dui they will also, i don't drink beer anymore because that's when i miss all my good hits, and have thrown down and wasted to many beers trying to get to poles, you do need to be a responsible operator of a boat before hand first and all let alone a unresponsible drinker boat driver i think they changed the law this year to atleast be 16 to operate also, not sure on that, oh and i've also started carryinga clicker counter on my boat on top of my livewell, click when i throw one in or over the side to keep me from screwing up

9. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    and he tells us he`s the boss!! yea he`s the boss when she ain`t home!

10. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    some call that a rooster with hen house ways. lol

11. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Sam... Since when is it against the law to keep a fish over 10 pounds?:confused2:

I know... you just havn't seen one that big since last year...:smile2:

Next time you feel the urge to fish and Randy ain't available, call me!

12. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    If i let RANDY in the Boat with me he would show up with 5 rolls of film:eek:oooh: a notebook:tounge_out: and gatorade laced with truth-serum:0a30: trying to figure out all my catching secrets!!!:wink: Gotta keep your eye on a fellow who is de-weeding the flower beds on a fishing day:beat_brick: I don't worry about the alcohol deal since i dont drink but he did look in my ice-chest:eek:oooh: I think on some lakes it is againist the law to even have it on ya. Not sure though, someone told me that. Albert the code of Ethics states " any fish weighing 10lbs or more should be released to be caught another day" pg 45 section 3 paragraph 2....:wink::smile2:

13. harley5247

harley5247 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    every time I have had my ice chest searched they were looking for glass bottles, you can not have glass bottles in your boat cans or plastic only

14. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    That's right Marvin!! I forgot about the glass container law. I just assumed he was looking for beer.:tounge_out: Welcome Marvin to the HOOD! Noticed it's around your 10th post haven't seen ya welcomed yet!!!:smile2::tounge_out::big_smile:

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Boy, take one day off and go hit a little golf ball around the pasture and my partner just about gets arrested :smile2:. Going to have to go with him to weigh and count fish to keep him out of trouble:tounge_out::smile2:. Trying to sneak some 10 lber's out of the lake to boot:crazy:. We''ll give em heck Sunday, I'll make sure my beers in a can:wink::smile2:.

16. Randy Jones

Randy Jones New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Well I guess I'll have to start checking the ice chest for glass I did not know about that rule. Johnny I don't know about your partner you miss one day and he dogs you pretty bad, I miss one day he dogs me pretty bad, gets all this started about me being boss and all. I will tell ya'll one thing I DO WEAR THE PANTS AROUND MY HOUSE !!!!! she just tells me which ones to wear.

17. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Welcome, Marvin! We gotta get to know you so's we can talk smack to ya.:wink:

I had forgotten about the "No Glass Bottles" law... Thanks for the reminder. Watch for the "TEAM MOBY" on the Arkansas River or Kerr Lake. If you see me, come on over and introduce yerself.

18. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I'm printing this off right now Randy to show Lahoma next saturday at the season ender:eek:oooh::tounge_out: Though it might help your TEAM out!!:eek:oooh::big_smile:

19. harley5247

harley5247 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    you don't have to wait start talkin the smack. I have never fished the Arkansas River or Kerr but they are both on my list this year. I live in Norman and mainly fish south west and south east oklahoma but I am going to venture north some this year. I have fished with a buddy of yours a couple times Bill Groves and would like to come fish with you sometime.

20. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Marvin, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web!