Kerr Lake and gaston does anyone fish them?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BassCat, Jan 19, 2006.

1. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    any of you guys or gals on here fish Kerr lake or lake gaston? just trying to meet some new people in the area..
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Mike welcome to the site man. As you already know I fish Lake Gaston. I know there's at least a couple more folks on here that also fish gaston and kerr.

Zakk:)

3. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    No but I'd sure like to. When's the best time of year?

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I would say the spring bro. Probaly in lets say....april and may. In Gaston Lake you can catch shad easily at the creek bridges. Esspecialy Lizard Creek Bridge. Let me know if you want to fish gaston this spring.....glad to take any member on the BOC to a few honeyholes...lol.

Also....anyone that has any questions on fishing lake gaston....just let me know. Would be glad to try to help.

5. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Awesome - I'll take you up on that offer when we get a little closer.
    /Scott

6. gtva

gtva Member

State:
    Bassett, VA
    Very little in the past; now that I have a boat I hope to hit Buggs fairly often this year. Will have to learn my way around the lake, as I haven't been there on a boat in over 20 years. Anyone who wants to go with me, or anyone else with a boat who wants to split costs, just get in touch. Always looking for fishing partners, much safer with 2 on a boat.
    GT

7. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    March-May has been best for me, but some guys are having small tourney's every weekend and doing pretty good, Also heard of several 25-35 lb fish caught lately..if any of you are planning a trip to kerr let me know, and i'll let you know anything i can....
    Mike
    (cpr)

8. biggin

biggin New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i fish buggs a little ,caught a few nice ones .local guys have tourneys evry weekend .last sat.a 47lber was caught and several in the 30s.

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yep that is correct. I dont fish buggs much, mostly gaston. But I won a small bank catfishing tournament there last summer, the prize was great! Funny thing is, my fish that won was only a 13lb blue cat.

10. dave

dave New Member

State:
    va
    i fish it just every week mainly for crappie,but i fish in the summer for cats.

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Is this the same Dave as on the "Kerr lake forum"???

Welcome to the site!:)

Zakk.

12. Yellowboat

Yellowboat New Member

State:
    carolina
    never stopped there yet, always pass right by on the way to hopewell tho, probally would be 1/2 as far huh

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, you should think about fishing it sometime.:)

14. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey Mike, I fish Buggs Island every chance I get. Since The new year I've been there about seven times. The biggest blue cat I've pulled out was a 40lber. Don't worry, I left A few for you.

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey, welcome to the site! You one of the guys off of the Kerr lake fishing site?

Zakk.:)

16. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey Yellow boat, it's about half as far but why go to Hopewell when you can catch bigger fish at Buggs. Remember where the state record is held. You should try it sometime. With the right knowledge about the lake you wouldn't have to waste all that extra gas.

17. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thank's for The welcome Zack. I've visited the Kerr Lake site but never stayed long enough to chat. I'm just starting to learn my way around here. Hope to learn a few things and maybe pass a few on.

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah man, glad to have some more "Local" guys on here. You will like this site, lots of great info and stuff on here man. Let me know if you need help with any thing on here, like questions or anything and If I cant help you, a Moderator will.

Zakk.:)

19. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Zakk, I see your from Murfeesboro, and you fish Gadson. I used to live in Franklin Va. I fished the Black Water and the Nottoway River alot. Have you ever fished them? I sure miss that Black Water.

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Cool, no I have not fished the nottoway or the Black Water....but I have fished the Meherrin ALOT and have a small boat parked in my secret "Trophy Channel Cat" spot in the upper area of the river.;) And the Meherrin is not much different than the nottoway or the black water. Man also it is a blast to take a canoe on the Meherrin, until you hook a 20+ lb Striper in the spring and you cant get him in the canoe without tipping it over....:rolleyes: ;)