Keowee--hartwell

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FLAT, Jul 28, 2006.

1. FLAT

FLAT New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    If you were going after some cats tonight which lake [hartwell or keowee] would you go to? I still haven't figured out how deep they are,I could use some help there also. Not asking where your fishing hole is,just want to know how deep to fish and whether to fise up the creeks or out on the main lake.A re humps any good? If not,what about points? How deep to fish? Got a tank full of gas and a tank full of bluebacks--just don't know where to put them?:roll_eyes: :crazy: :confused2: :eek:oooh:
    thanks

2. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    I'd come to hartwell, we never catch much anything big in keowee, plus keowee is super deep. If you fish hartwell dont fish any deeper than 35 feet at the most. Last weekend we caught good fish anywhere from 5 to 30ft of water. Normally, about this time of year we do real good on some humps off right off the river channel, we're gonna go try em out tonight.

3. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Yeah I would say to go for Hartwell. Right now the big blues and channels are super deep 40-75 ft deep. Super hard to pin-point and super hard to fish, if you want to fish Keowee anyways. Try up around Jocassee Dam, there have been some recent big catches up there.