Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I spent a lot of time trying to find the channels on Keowee. Everybody kept saying they were there, but I just couldnt get on em. Well Saturday I put the stink in my boat and got the Keowee stink off my boat! Sonny's worked great, and flats on the mouths of creeks with sandy bottom was where they were. Caught a nice mess of 2 lbers for the freezer.

Attachments

Reactions: outoftheboat

·
Registered
557 Posts
nice catch! i started fishing keowee for channels about four years ago, when i got my first boat.
i always had good luck with the small fish on crawlers and small cut herring. my pb from keowee was a 13 lb blue caught on a live 3 inch bluegill. ive also caught a bunch of 8 to 12 lb flats.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep Pat, Persistance. I am glad it finally worked out, I don't have a whole lot of hair left to pull out. I have been fishing that lake off and on my whole life, and just thought there wasn't any fish there. I was in all the right places, I guess I was there at the wrong time.

I am still not convinced that it wasn't a fluke, so I will keep trying to round em up. I will keep all of you informed of how it goes.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Last year I spent a lot of time trying to find the channels on Keowee. Everybody kept saying they were there, but I just couldnt get on em. Well Saturday I put the stink in my boat and got the Keowee stink off my boat! Sonny's worked great, and flats on the mouths of creeks with sandy bottom was where they were. Caught a nice mess of 2 lbers for the freezer.
way to go steve!was bound to happen the way you been fishin that lake(last year esp.)haven't been able to for a long while myself,hopefully that will change soon:) glad you finally started busted um:)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jim,

Persistance did pay off on this one. The tactics have worked for me on many different bodies of water, but I just couldn't make it work last year. I guess I just got lucky and found em. But now the fun begins, I got to stay on em!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.