Keokuk Iowa-pool 19 Sippi River!43lbs.....

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by catfish kenny, Aug 29, 2008.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    As I sit and wait fer mama to get home so I can hit the water(with my #1 fishing buddy) Id like to share what was in our local paper last night....Man caught a 43 lb blue in a local tourney on the strethch of river I fish I dont know where.... all it said was MISSIPPI RIVER .....
    Our fisherey is outstanding here and very versitile.....we have a little of it all maybe not the biggest but then again??? it aint been caught yet either! We have a little of everything here & I must argue some of the best fresh water fishing anywhere in the world right in the back yard....any of you are in the area look me up so I can meet you or fish(LOL)but I must warn you fishing is fishing and you just never know what youl catch.:wink:

2. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Here I thought you were going to tell us that you got the big one!!!

Good luck bro!

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :roll_eyes:Hey when I do yer gonna know it(LOL)Oh you will hear bout it fer sure pics and evrything(LOL)
    I think I am a eat and fish man them big ones just dont like my smell(LOL)Dont stop me from trying though & I know there in there :roll_eyes:

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    We got in to 2 last night, biggest was only ten lbs... I know the big ones are in there... just not on my hook!!! YET...

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Our small state is rual and under rated we have it all here and I love it so this was sort of a hey you better ask someone deal(LOL)take a look wish my scanner was working so I could post the artical but then again I dont know if thats allowed due to its in the paper possibly coppywrited.....you might be able to see it in "the dailey gate city.com" but I havent looked.
    10 is decent buddies pulled a 50 out of the mouth where the sippi and Dessey meet so you aint telling me nuttin I am a home boy(LOL)there in there never give up the crusadet:wink:

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am considering tonight but the bugs are in full force here and them babies aint no joke...Hope you alls gathering goes well I sure would like to come but the finace department is keeping me close to home thats why I never sighned ..(you all are a bunch of clowns must be a IOWA thing LOL)..good luck out there and be safe!

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    A lill area prestige ! Proof we have them to...............for anyone who dont know Warsaw Ill. is 5 miles away across the river from my home in Keokuk!

Attached Files:

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I grew up with Greg, and his sister is my Aunt. So I can tell you Greg is a big time hunting and fishing guy. I can also tell you a story of him catching a 22lb carp back in the 60's with a 202 zebco. He fought it for 3 hours finally had to swim after it cause the zebco had stripped out by then. What a day. Congrats to Greg. Later Andy

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yup big congrats my hats off to him thats a nice fish....caught in our backyard!OOOOHHHHHHHH Yeah

10. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    I remember hearing about that tournament last year. Half of the day you get to spend up under the Keokuk dam and the other half of the day you have to spend below Warsaw. If i had to guess id say he caught that fish right up towards the Keokuk dam.

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Maybe there is a hole down yonder and its deep so??? but we got em here to:roll_eyes:Hell Calvin I dont care if I ever get to fish anywhere when its as good as its been latly....granted I aint broke 15 this year but I have been catching them in that range all over like candy once the water got right.I dont do the spillways like u but there round EVERYWHERE here -LOVE IT its home(LOL) so when you gonna be this way again? Been wanting to meet you ...