Keokuk Cat's

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by catnipmn, Jul 19, 2007.

1. catnipmn

catnipmn New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hello All,

How's the fishing been lately? Are the cat's going good? or just so so

catnipmn

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcokme to the BOC Tom, from Missouri.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Tom I notice yer from Minnasota posting Keokuk cats.....Pleas explain ?Keokuk area is always good just some days better then others thats fishin

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome aboard to bro.....nice to have you!

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think Friday-weather permitting me the ole lady and her brother are gonna go give it a shot.I am just about to the piont I cant take it no more-cold or not the river is calling and my freezor is empty-I am craving a fresh catch....so we are off!:wink:

6. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    well best of luck to ya i too can not wait for some good fishing

7. RAPTOR

RAPTOR New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Kenny what is the water like down your way i am in pool#12 AND#13.We are still solid ice bank to bank. I am sure we will be sending a lot of hi and fast water down your way soon ...

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Its already here,I havent went to look but my brother e me and said she rose 5-6ft of bank overnight.Its gonna be a high water one this year fer sure.

9. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Kenny the water dropped a little over a foot last nite. You can almost see the wall from the bridge. Getting closer people, got the boat all ready, and just waiting for the time. Later Andy

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Matt-you get this way make sure to let me know-my boat is ready and I am looking fer a excuse to get her wet.......as of right now though I think it will be a wasted trip.......The water is roaring good.

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Me and Andy wnt peepin yesterday-upside is icing out,Yacht club dock is sill iced over but you can get in at Mt.Rose,She is dropping a little but she is still pushin hard.....now if we can just get some 40*-up days...
    I dont know what the water temp is but I am thinking 36-40 is goooood!bet she is only 33-36 though.
    I just might try to go out sunday-supose to be in the 40* and I have a new reel to try :wink:

12. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Water is back up about 6 inches, I went and looked at the Yacht club ramp, and it's almost thawed out. Looks as if it's pretty thin Ice, and I'd probably be able to break it up with the boat, it's only about 30 foot to open water. Water temps have got to be coming up some, so it's close fellas. Come on down Matt, but I think 15/16 March would be better. Later Andy

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ready to go if it warms up-boat is loaded .......................................

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I"d say she is holding steady "HIGH!" and moving-No Bait yet so it aint time

15. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I'm thinking that with all the snow up north and winter precipitation being high this year there is gonna be a LOT of water coming this way sooner that we want.

16. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yup Bob, I do believe your right. Don't matter, I'm going fishing anyway. just have to change tactics. Have a great day. Andy

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    HMMM me tooo......................................!

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I went to the river and she is looking good-no bait at the honey hole yet.She is dropping....boy is she.......We are on the way in season fellas-

19. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Hey Kenny is there much junk floating around up by the dam?

20. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I havnt been in the boat & up there but today a couple boats were up that way.....Id guess she is prety flushed-she is pushin prety hard....