Kentucky side of meldahl closing soon

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catcrazed, Nov 26, 2008.

1. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    I forgot to post on here the other day that the warden came down the other day and checked licenses and told us all something that all of us need to know. Meldahl dam will be closed to all fisherman on the kentucky side here in the near future. He was not sure the exact date but said it will be down for about a year and a half. OUCH! I said. He stated to all of us that meldahl will be under construction to be transformed into a power generating dam. he also stated that the water to his knowledge was not going to discharge throught the walls but rather there will be a huge discharge on the kentucky side. Thats why it will be closed for so long. They will not only be transforming it into power generating but also constructing a discharge. Stinks in my opinion. 15 people standing elbow to elbow trying to fish the exact same spot. I was wondering why there was a barge banked over there a few months ago with equipment on it. It was there for about 2 weeks straight working on lines to get power over there. Some of you know which barge im talking about. It had a huge track hoe and some other drillin type of equipment on it. Just thought I would tell yas bout it and when I find out more I will post it.

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    thats not good news for kentuks cause i fish it on the ohio side and its a great spot:0a6:

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man you always know how to bring a brother down....:sad2:......:smile2::smile2::wink:

4. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just for that comment your fishin lessons are gonna go up.:smile2:

5. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    can ya catch skips on ohio side as well as u can ky. how do i get to ohio side from cambridge

6. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    :0a34:i had a beseball tournament there a couple years ago lol....:0a34: