Kentucky River

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by texcat, Jan 9, 2007.

1. texcat

texcat New Member

State:
    Lexington, Ky
    I am new to Lexington I moved up here from Texas. I am looking for some places along the Kentucky River that are realtively close to Lexington to do some catfishing. If yall could help me out that would be great.

Thanks

2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hey, man and welcome to KY! I go to the Kentucky River quite a bit. I always go to Winchester at the bridge before you get to the Boonesboro campground. It's a decent spot and easy to get to.

3. texcat

texcat New Member

State:
    Lexington, Ky
    thanks man i will go down there and try

4. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Chris, The spot Jackie's telling you about is not bad (free) for fishing from the bank because it's about 1/2 mi downstream from Lock 10, and fish are going to naturally be congregated there. Also there's acess to the river for bank fishing at Dale Power Plant on upstream at Ford, KY, above Lock 10 (about 3-4 miles from the bridge Jackie told you about (and free)). Fish the warm water discharge from the plant during cold weather. On upstream about six miles there's access to bank fishing at Jackson's Ferry (but not so good from the bank(but free)). Then at Trapp, 16 miles out Hwy 89 at the confluence of KY and Red Rivers is a boat dock (costs you $3.00 to park, but you can catch buffs, carp & channels there in warm weather).

5. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    Welcome to Kentucky. There is a resource on the Kentucky Fish and Wildlife department http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/Navigation.asp?cid=267 here is a map of all the public are to fish and hunt in Kentucky. I call them and they sent me a hard copy free of charge. Good luck fishing in kentucky.