Kentucky River

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by KyRiverCats, Jul 4, 2006.

1. KyRiverCats

KyRiverCats New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Been too busy working to post, but one night on the Kentucky River in May, I caught 20 cats and the smallest one was 5 pounds. I had two 28 pounders, two 25 pounders, one a little over 20 and had six big ones to break off.

2. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome aboard! It sounds like you had a really good trip. Were they all caught on rod & reel?

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    what part of the ky river did you catch the cats? i fish near winchester.

4. KyRiverCats

KyRiverCats New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I put in at the Nonesuch ramp and went upstream almost to the dam, fished all night.

5. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the BOC !

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC,its great to have another KY brother!!!

7. stonemaster

stonemaster New Member

State:
    versailles, ky.
    Hi Ron. Sounds mlike you had a great night! I live near the nonesuch boat ramp, I am the house with all the stonework in the front yard. I have been fishing that stretch of the river for years and never did that well at all. I would love to go with you some time and learn. If you would like to go together call me at 879-9537. Thanks.

8. KyRiverCats

KyRiverCats New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I would like to go with you some time, Stonemaster, if I can ever find the time. With work, whenever I try to plan a trip, something always comes up. My trips are usually at a moment's notice. I've only had time to go out five times this year. Looks like I'm going to have to quit working if I'm going to be able to fish. I've got a picture of the fish if I ever have the time to sit down and put them on here.

9. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Ron ! When you can't get out to fish you get a lot of enjoyment here. Always good info and no matter where its from can work for you in your area ! Have been fishing more years than I like to admit but have learned many new things on this site and have met a lot of great people !

10. KyRiverCats

KyRiverCats New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Fred, How close are you to Asheville? I have a friend that lives just outside Asheville, I believe he's in Fairview.