Kentucky River fishing ???

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by kycatman01, Aug 29, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I am thinking of going to the Ky River(Winchester,Ky) this weekend. Has anybody been fishing it lately? Has anyone caught anything. If they are biting, what are they hitting on? Thanks for future responses!!!

2. KyRiverCats

KyRiverCats New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    August and early September are TERRIBLE for the Kentucky River, in my opinion. If you have another place to go, you should seriously consider it right now.

3. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yup, my pops said that he thought the river was turning over down in south eastern IL on the ohio.

4. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    That's funny, I didn't know rivers turned over...

5. KyRiverCats

KyRiverCats New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    If a river has any flowage at all, it won't turn over. When you get a river like the Kentucky with the dams, what you have is a series of small lakes and if you don't get much rain and the flow pretty much stops, I guess that you could get a "turnover" of sorts.

6. KyRiverCats

KyRiverCats New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    If you are going to be in Winchester, why not go on over to Wilgreen Lake in Richmond and give it a try. If you don't have a boat, you can rent one there. Wilgreen has some nice cats. You will probably need to fish under a float about six feet deep.

7. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ok Ron! I will try that lake sometime. I would go this weekend but I am going with a friend and he don't like traveling very far. Thanks for the suggestion!!