Kentucky National Gathering fishing spots

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by squirtspop, Apr 19, 2006.

1. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Having never been to Kentucky Lake fishing, I'm all fired up for this get to gether and meet everyone but would like some info on where to fish on the lake.

I don't want to just go out and throw in my lines and hope for the best and spend hours and hours admiring other peoples boats as they go by or count stars if at night. I'm sure some of the locals know of some good spots (I don't expect you to give me the location of your "honey hole" tho) but any info would be appreciated by all who have never fished Kentucky Lake.

Thanks in advance and I'll see ya there.

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    squirtspop

I guess the first question would be are you fishing from the bank or out of a boat ?

3. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    good bank fishing spots,and by the way deerhunter great videos........One day i hope to catch fish like those.

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    There is information on catfish in Ky lake on the net. You might even find some links to the BOC there.

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Kinda hard for me to predict the bite that far in the future. I would say, with a boat, the grain terminal south of the campground would be a good place to start. From the bank the area around the bridge is mostly good. Closer to Sept. I can probably give more information.