Kentucky man arrested for 1,000 time

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Tyme2fish, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi

Henry Earl (born October 24, 1949) is a homeless man from Lexington, Kentucky famous for his extensive police record. Nearly all of his arrests have been for public intoxication, with a few charges of disorderly conduct, third degree trespassing, second degree trespassing, and apparently one count of begging. The Fayette County Detention Center's website, showing Earl's arrest record from 1992 to present, indicates that he has not been arrested for theft or any violent offences.
    Henry's rise to fame was in large part because the Fayette County Jail had a public web site which listed a person's arrest record and mug shots. Henry Earl had an extensive record, and a wide range of emotions expressed in the mug shots, from despondent to happy. This page was linked to regularly by Internet news blogs - in particular, Fark.com. The web site eventually had to be shut down due to the strain that was placed upon it. Henry has made numerous talk show appearances and has been featured in national and international media venues, including MSNBC, the UK Sunday Mail, and Jimmy Kimmel Live.
    On November 16, 2005, it was reported that a 55-year-old black man had died in police custody in Fayette County, prompting speculation that Earl had died. The man turned out to be Donald Ross, serving time for public intoxication and third degree assault.
    In 2006, Earl somewhat "sobered up", with his number of offenses and number of days spent in jail being overwhelmingly lower than in previous years. However, he returned to his old ways in 2007.
    In 2008, Earl was arrested for the 1000th time since 1992. The judge sentenced him to one thousand days in jail, saying the sentence was "only fair".

Arrest History

Henry Earl's Arrest History on alcohol related offenses as of Mon Sep 22 15:25:43 2008 CSTNumber of Lifetime Offenses1000Number of Lifetime Days Spent in Jail41232008 Year to date offenses352008 Days spent in jail189Average Days per year spent in jail242.47Average duration of incarceration4.13 daysAverage duration of freedom1.95 days

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    This man lives in Lexington KY . Have seen him up close and in action . HE calls himself James Brown .

3. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm sorry, not to sound like a bleeding heart, and I realize that it's impossible to help someone who does not want to be helped, but this sounds like a failure of the system to me. This man didn't go to jail and get punished - sounds like he went to jail for a few hot meals and a warm bed. Isn't there a better place for someone like this?

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yup but he wasnt stealing killin what ever he was hungry and theres food there:roll_eyes:Man gotta eat to live...lill more sober time aint gonna change the fact he lives in the bottle !:crazy:....only in the U.S.of A..

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the post. Going to e-mail that back to Kentucky.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree this man needed some help. Someone was not paying attention to all the red flags going up.

7. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    You can`t make a man stay sober or live in a civil manner , he is a chronic offender who should have been incarcerated a long time ago IMO.

8. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    I agree! Sounds to me like the cops there need to teach the cops up here their way of thinkin'. Around here I don't think he would have gotten the other 996 arrests.

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Im sure hes seen a rehab or two since 1949 and Im sure his family done all they could to help him till they gave up on him. Some people dont want no help and just think of our daily stressfull lives he dont have any bills no mortgage no bill collectors just him and his bottle. Stress left his life a long time ago maybe hes got the right idea and we are all nuts :smile2:

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've heard the saying for years... "some people are not worth shooting". I think it fits him.

11. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I live in richmond right down the road used to live in Lexington . He is like the drunk of mayberry . Cletus was his name I think . Never really seemed to bother or hurt any one that I know of other than himself . He has been this way as long as I can remember . He drifts around . He is beyond human help . Say a prayer for him is about all that can be done his liver won't last much longer.

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    I AREE we should all take time to pray for him its not for us to judge this man we have no idea what caused him to be this way :sad2:

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Right you are! I know a man who is always either drunk or stoned. Loony as a bed bug too. I found out that about 8 years ago, his wife and both their kids died in a house fire. Wasn't from smoke inhalation either, they burned to death screaming. He's been on drugs or booze ever since and I can fully understand. I even give him credit for resisting the urge to blow his own brains out, I couldn't.

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Wow that dude should pay rent:crazy::eek:oooh:

15. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Kentucky drunk.Kentucky law.Kentucky business.This man has chose to live this way.The state of Kentucky has chose to let him.

I fully intend to live like this if they ever take away my social Security that I paid into for 40 years.It already takes all of my retirement to pay my insurance.

Jail beats a nursing home.I know!I have been in both.He has it better than anyone that I ever knew of who were stuck in a nursing home.You do have some rights in Jail.

And yes,I know.Everyone who has ever "Stuck" someone in a nursing home to get rid of them disagrees with me.And yes,I also know that some have no choice.I am not talking of such.

They recently found a old man "key locked" in a closet in a Chatham County Georgia nursing home.He had been in there for days and died of dehydration.No charges are being filed and no wrong doing has been found the last I heard.

The moral of this story is.If you wish to get rid of a old white man in Georgia,just lock them up in a closet until they die.I would well imagine that had he been a woman,gay.lesbian,or a minority race the FBI would have filed civil right violation charges by now.It must be legal to do such with old white males.

And I thought South Carolina was bad for allowing the female solder to leave her child to die locked up in her car in the hot summer sun while she gambled for hours.Killing a helpless human is legal in these two states if you go about it right.The young and the old are truly helpless in these two states.

If you do not believe it,check it out.I did.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

16. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    You got that right.Just think what they would do to anyone who even attempted to shoot him!We have all supported him for all of this time,just as we have supported some of the professional welfare families for generations now!

One thing in his favor.He does not seem to be reproducing and training even more to demand a living off of those who support him.

Now they have chosen not to let him lay drunk.Had they,Kentucky weather would most likely have taken care of him by now.I do not see him being responsible for him being alive.

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I guess I'm a bit different than most. I figure if he ain't harming any body but himself,heck,why not just leave the old fart alone.This is stupid arresting a guy that many times for PI. and Disorderly conduct shouldnt even be a charge ,Heck I got charged with that once by calling a mex a mex and the barmaid a B!@# once in my dumber younger days :wink:

18. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    While "Honesty may always be the best policy",it can sure be exspensive!!!!!:crazy:

19. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Yall there was a man in my hometown, had nothing and nobody. He managed to get a drivers license and the addy on it was city hall....

We had some crooked cops there but one thing I will say for them... when the weather got rough, or this guy was obviously on a big big drunk, our policemen would pick him up for public drunk or vagrancy and give him a place to stay... they let him work his fines off and everybody knew what the deal was. There WAS no such thing as a homeless shelter back then.

I still think about Clifford and I wonder if he is still living though I doubt it.

Some folks never had a fighting chance, and he was one of them... maybe this guy was too. There's just too much we don't know about people and their misfortunes and things are never quite as they seem are they?

20. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    THIS MAN James Brown as he calls himself doesn't have anybody . How do I know ? Ihave talked to him atime or to. It is sad has he let life get to him ? absolutely ! I never walked a 100 yds in his shoes and for my sake I am deeply thankful . Everyone on