Kentucky Lake skip jacks

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by billcatfish, Jun 20, 2007.

1. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    ky lake is any one finding an skips down around any of the dams any info would help thanks

2. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was there yesterday and didnt have any luck with the skips. everone I spoke with was having the same problem. But lucky me found where someone had left a huge bag of skips for trash. and being the man that I am kept the skips and placed the trash in a can.

thanks litterbug! but next time pick up your trash!!

3. antique

antique New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i fished barkley lake last week and locked through the dam,the water droped 43 feet locking through,so the cumberland river has werry little water in it.
    only had 1 turbine running so there was verry little current flow so it was verry hard to catch bait.after about a hour of throwing a cast net i had a grand total of 9 shad. verry bad fishing also,caught 2 cats about 3 lbs apeice. so moral of the story,if there is no current there is no bait and fishing is not good.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Joe thanks for the update and Welcome to the BOC.:smile2:

5. J.BENKE

J.BENKE New Member

State:
    murray, KENTUCKY
    yea i went 2 ky dam on saturday lookin 4 some skips and i didnt have any luck.