Kentucky Lake Honeymoon!!

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by buzz crackstock, May 1, 2006.

1. buzz crackstock

buzz crackstock New Member

State:
    Springfield, IL
    I talked my soon to be wife into taking our honeymoon at Kentucky Lake! We will be staying at the Moors Resort May 21-25. I might be able to do a little fishin while I'm there and was wondering if anyone could give me any info on the fishing, where to go, what they might be biting on, that kind a stuff. Also, if anyone would want to get together and do a little fishn'.

2. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congratulation Nathan, I took my honey moon at Barkley Lake Motel in 1962. We had eloped from Illinois in the middle of the night, took our change, got married at Corinth Miss. Two big problems that turned out Ok, I used a 3 gal can of what I thought was gasoline at my home … turned out to be kerosene, in my 1951 Chevy. It huffed and puffed and made it to the next gas station thou. Also ran out of money at the Motel. They let me write a check on a regular piece of paper. (Before Computers). Darn I didn’t get to go fishing then though. Good luck

3. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have a place in the same bay as the moor's, right across the bay (Malcom creek resort) I thought the moor's was demolished from the tornado??? They must have fixed it all up. Anyway, you will have a great time. I've caught alot of blues right behind the moor's in the little bay area. Back in the very back of the large bay are some real nice crappie beds. Make sure and check out the Knight&Hale Wildlife Center in Cadiz.

4. westkyhntr

westkyhntr New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congtats !
    Try any banks with rip rap as cats should be spawning .

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    The channel cats are starting to come on the rocks now. Should be hitting good when you are going to be here. Fish the riprap with shrimp or leeches and you should be able catch a mess of them.

westkyhntr, where are you located at I live close to Murray.

6. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats where we had our 27 years ago. I didn't have time or was too tired to fish.:lol:

My daughters prom is this weekend so I guaranty they will be biting.

7. westkyhntr

westkyhntr New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Griz,

I am in Princeton

8. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well.... do you guys think Buzz made it? I expected a report on how it went. She might have pitched his ### in.

9. buzz crackstock

State:
    Springfield, IL
    We won't be there until the 21st, so I'm still ok and still have all my fishing gear. I've already been "told", we are not going fish the entire time we are there. She likes fishing so I should be able to get some in, but definitely not the first night and probably not the morning after! I think I have the O.K. to spend one entire day/night fishing so I feel lucky to have that. (PW) She was wanting to know what there is to do around there that doesn't involve fishing, I told her about LBL and the restaraunt and we could go to paducah and shop. You guys have any other suggestions. She went to town and got some undergarments from one of those "shops" for our first night as a married couple. I jokingly told her that she would probably get ate up by skeeters if she wore that fishin'. She didn't think that was funny.

10. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  11. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Go to Grand Rivers eat at Pattie's and see the shops.

12. Kentucky Boy

Kentucky Boy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    They have really nice hiking trails, or they used to around the lake and woods. I went there on a trip with school about 15 years back and got to see black bears and alot of nature stuff. Also you have mammoth cave in Ky too, with alot of stuff to do around there including horseback riding, caving, canoeing, fishing, and all sorts of stuff. Go to the kentucky state website and you can click on different counties and it will tell you what all is there. I am from Ky and still learn stuff about it. Well, good luck man, and congrats on finally getting that keeper if you know what I mean.

13. Kentucky Boy

Kentucky Boy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sorry, it slipped my mind to post the link to that website a few minutes ago. Here it is, so check it out and have fun.

http://www.kytourism.com/

14. buzz crackstock

State:
    Springfield, IL
    Thanks for all your help guys. It's getting closer. 10 more days.

15. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here's another link.

http://www.kentuckylake.com/

That will be the weekend after next so I will be looking for a worn out guy carrying a lot of packages following his new wife though the shopping jungle.

I will know it is you because you will be looking at the water moaning the words under your breath..... I could be fishin'. :big_smile:

Have fun!