Kentucky Lake fishing

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Tool958, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anyone doing any good in the Kentucky Lake area? Looking at coming down that way next week and trying our luck.

2. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    Bank fished Barkley today and yesterday. Looks like the striped bass moved into my catfish hole. Caught quite a few but only 1 channel about 2 #. The bass are stealing the baits. Same hole 2 weeks ago pulled out 10 channels.

Good luck on your trip.

3. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the info. Looks like we're going to Mt. Vernon, In. instead, to fish the Ohio. Either way we went, looks like we're going to get our feathers wet. Hope to get down to Kentucky Lake before the end of the year. Again, appreciate your reply.

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck Don !

5. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Steve, shad man and I will be down there on friday. We will be skipjack fishing and catfishing. Can you get to both dams I know the road was closed. Thanks for any info.

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I never fish KY dam . Have always been able to get to Barkley dam .

7. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks to all who posted. We went to the Ohio instead and got skunked. Never even got a bite. Wish we had gone to Kentucky Lake instead. The Ohio was coming up pretty hard and full of a lot of trash and even whole trees.