Kentucky Lake Dam

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by r_p_narramore, May 1, 2007.

1. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    I'm planning on a trip to the area near the end of May and was wondering about shore fishing below Kentucky Dam. I heard that access was limited because of construction. Is there any bank access? I also plan on fishing Barkley dam. I've fished it a time or two but thought I may try Kentucky Lake Dam while I was there.

2. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    Yep, there's lots of bank access, just not as much as there used to be.

Once you cross over the dam, heading east, you will cross a small bridge and come around a curve. There will be an access road on your left. Turn in there and follow it around. You'll be able to fish the rocks on the turbine side of the dam. Some people sneak off to fish the lock inlet as well, though it's posted to stay out.

Should be some good fishing. I've never caught anything big there, but others have.

Also, if you take 641 north (on the west side of the dam) you'll go around a sharp corner, pass a campground, and then see an road going off to your right. There's a boat ramp there. There is also a lot of bank for fishing, a couple of jetty's too. It's further down from the dam so there's less current, but it might be what you are after.

3. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    Thanks. I'm from the far other end of the state and me and one of my buddies are coming down to fish a few days. We don't have any blues around here and thought that may be a good place to try. We plan on camping at LBL.