Kentucky Lake catfishing

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by eagle22, Mar 15, 2007.

1. eagle22

eagle22 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey guys,

I am new to the sight. One reason is I am just now getting into catfishing. I am interested in big fish. I have a place at blood river. I would like to find out specific areas that I could land some big catfish. I know what to look for but I don't know much about the area. Could you guys give me some direction on which way to go. I would like to fish from Johnathan creek down to paris landing. Please give me some help. Look forward to talking with griz. Seems like he is the man of catfishing at Kentucky.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a25: :0a25: Jason Welcome to the BOC. Yes Kentucky Lake is a great place to fish. If you have a place on Blood River that is where I would start. A lot of nice fish our caught each year from there. Jonathan Creek is another good area. Actually you are in catfish haven. Good Luck:0a18: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

3. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    Welcome to BOC, and welcome to some of the best fishing anywhere!

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Welcome to the BOC Jason. I'd start looking for Blue cats where Blood River hits the main lake channel.

5. eagle22

eagle22 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you guys a lot for the information. Do you guys drift fish or anchor? Also, it is very difficult for me to find where the creek channel of blood river empties into the Tennessee. Can you guys give me any help with this?

6. HereKittyKitty1

HereKittyKitty1 New Member

State:
    KY
    Jason I fish Ky lake alot I would purchase a good map that shows depth contours of the lake

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Jason, were glad your here!

8. JKinsey

JKinsey New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Jason:

I am also new to catfishing in the blood river area and have spent a bunch of time out there lately trying to find the spots.

Let me know if you'd like to go some time and we'll see what we can find.

-Jordan

9. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    go to kylake.com n i belive they have some good maps there, i usta run 1.000 hooks there many years ago. go back into little suger n find the creek bed or channel, you'l find some good eatin fish there. maybe some pix fish too. let us know what happens.:big_smile: