Kentucky Lake Area

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by TeamCatHazzard, Mar 27, 2006.

1. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey everybody I am heading to Kentucky Lake area at the end of the week for a few days with a little vacation with the boys. I was just wondering if anybody could help me out with some areas yall catch your cats there...on the lake, around the dam, etc. I have never catfished there and was just wondering bout the best things to do. ALso I was wanting to try and get some skippies while I am there and would REALLY appreciate any info yall can help me out with. Thanks a head of time!

2. Kittykiller

Kittykiller New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    If you are looking for Flatties, Energy Lake is a great spot. Griz could explian in better detail as he has actually hauled in a couple of monsters there. Anyway, another pretty good spot is at Kenlake park, if you go there you should see volleyball net and a Gazebo beyond that. I like to setup on the floodwall there, facing the bridge that crosses to Fenton boat ramp. The channels are pretty good from there, as well as out on the rocks that extend toward Kelake Marina. Good luck!!

3. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    me and griz took some nice flatheads out of energy lake in LBL. kenlake state park is a real good place when the catfish are comin in which they should be. i've caught nice channel cats and decent flatheads at the park. griz (my dad) has caught some monster channels there at the park, 20+ pounds. devils elbow is also a good place. if you want to catch some skipjacks the dam would be a good place. hope the info. helps a little, if you need any more just let me know. have fun!

4. TeamCatHazzard

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the info. I am mainly interested in the skippies. I take it yall throw jigs for them? In the river below the dam? Thanks for the info!

5. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    i throw a sabiki rig for skippies with a white curly tail grub at the end.

6. Kittykiller

Kittykiller New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Went for awhile Saturday afternoon at Kenlake, nothing but a yellow perch and a 'gill:sad:

7. TeamCatHazzard

State:
    Illinois
    We did alright this weekend at Kentucky Lake, we fished a place called Jonathan Creek I think it was. We prolly caught 30 crappie and prolly 50-60 yellow bass, a nice skipjack (that is in the freezer:)), a few small bass, and a drum lol. That is what we caught all weekend besides a few GOOD buzzes. It was a pretty fun weekend though just me and the boys. You all have some nice sized crappie down there we caught some good ones. We were using light colored jigs (white, silver) and caught them in about 3-9 ft of water. Just to let yall know.

8. daniel_jent

daniel_jent New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Same here went sunday nothing but a crappie.

9. daniel_jent

daniel_jent New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    went sunday nothing but a crappie.

10. daniel_jent

daniel_jent New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    sorry new on site didnt mean to post it twice.

11. TeamCatHazzard

State:
    Illinois
    There were a lot of people catching them in that Jonathan Creek area. We caught them in about 3-9 ft of water on brush with light colored jigs. Hope this helps and maybe give that area a try!