Kentucky Lake and Barkley

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by CatSkinner, Mar 7, 2007.

1. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    Anyone doing any good on KY Lake, or barkley lake?

If so, any hints? I fish the northern end of the lake (near the dam).

Thanks,

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tony you never stated what species of fish you were targeting. I was at the Lakes on tuesday hoping to get some skipjack for bait fish. No luck water was up and only the birds was doing any good. I would say one could catch some crappie off of sets or structure. I've had luck in sled creek and Johnthan Creek early on. I don't have any up to date info.

3. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    read fishing report on hook line and sinker.they say the crappie are starting to hit.

4. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    Sorry, but I was thinking that since this is the Crappie thread it was understood.

5. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    Catman,

Thanks for the info. Maybe I can get out of work early tomorrow... maybe not. We'll see.

Supposed to be up near 70 with partly cloudy skies. I hope so.

6. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well, i hope by the last week in april the crappie and cats also are hitting soo hard ya just plain get tired, lol....My brother and i are going to Ky Lake that week if nothing happens and we plan on hitting Blood Creek i think its called fer some cats and with my Bottomline GPS we plan to find structure for crappie...Any help will do cause this is my first trip there, like lodgeing, good area to start, ect...Thanks everyone, all info appr.'ed...

7. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    a friend of a friend has been hitting the New Johnsville area for a couple weeks now....they have been doin pretty good. Lots of boats on the water tho.

cyas
    robert

8. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    out at LBL at ginger bay i was killing them last week before the cold front me and a friend caught 59 in one day out there fishing a point 15ft deep hitting the crappie at 7ft of the 15 ft. most all the crappie we caught was between 12 and 15 inches we was spider rigging using minnows. how this cold front is going to effect them I'm not sure but I'll find out latter this week when i go back out there. here is a pic of one of the crappie i caught.

Attached Files:

9. tree

tree New Member

State:
    tennessee
    nice fish what was you using to catch that many.

10. wormduck

wormduck New Member

State:
    kentucky
    nice fish. we had 68 two weekends ago. all over 15 inches. catch them on the south in of barkley.in about 15 foot of water.

11. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well i am back now from ky. lake and all we caught was some bluegills and they were of good size also...But my brother when he catches one fish of any kind wants to stay in that spot forever and of course ya know that dont work catching crappies...oh yes...caught a really bad sunburn also so if you go remember the sunblock...ouch...