Kentucky elk tag odds

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by blindfly69, Jul 30, 2006.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well brothers i finally broke down after a few years of denial and applied for an elk tag. lol i always said that there would be no way with so many people applyin. but this year with 200 tags i figure now is as good as ever! did any of you ky brothers apply?.....its prolly gonna be some slim odds but those are the best kind!!!

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Good luck on the draw. 200 tags is alot better than 10 they had at first. I think they have an open hunt for them for any that venture outside the restoration area.

3. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah if they're outta the restoration zone its pretty much open on em....do you know anybody who's put in for it? the only other person besides me that i know is my neighbor cuz he went with me

4. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    today was the last day so if you didnt get em in then try next year

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think you have as much of a chance getting into the hunt, as you do filling the tag!!! Good luck!!!

6. brian

brian New Member

State:
    minneasota
    Will at least you have 200 tags,in my state we only get one bull tag and four cows GOOD LUCK

7. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    when kentucky reaches its goal population of elk, they'll be givin out as many as 1500 tags a year!!!

8. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Nate, I put in for it.I hope I get drawed, it will be a lot cheaper than going to Colorado...

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You guys bring back so many memories for me.Several years ago when my husband and I were first married,we'd go to Colorado and go Elk hunting.I miss the thrill of the chase and the crisp mountain air.Once I had a cow being herded along with several others by the Bull.My goodness he was Majestic I watched in awe as he herded those cows and she passed 5 feet in front of my gun.Why didn't I take her you may ask?Because at that time it was illegal in Colorado to kill cows,you could only take bulls.The sad part is my husband seen him,and got a shot off,he is very accurate with his gun and feels in his heart and mind that the shot was true but after tracking for an hour and a half the blood trail disappeared and they couldn't find him.He was just sick at heart,but wow what an expeirence!-------------pk powell:smile2:

10. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    i have put in for arizona for the past 2 years and did not get drawn good luck on your app.

11. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    keep tryin i know somebody who got drawn there one time and he has a mighty fine bull hanging over his fireplace to be thankful for

12. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
  13. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    nope but i know a few on there, i'll try again next year....what about you?

14. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Well Maybe next year. If you don't put in you'll never draw a tag thats for sure. It sure would be nice to draw an Elk Tag close to home.