Kentucky Dam Skipjack

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jazper, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    I got there this afternoon right at 4pm. I got 31 total skips. 10 are over 1 pound. They are running hard and heavy. I was using three jigs, broke my line a couple of times getting the bigger ones on so I went down to two and it worked great. I was there about 45 min before I left. They seemed to stop biting once it was dark. Of course I was using a jig so go figure. Anyway here is a couple of pictures.

Attached Files:

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Congrats Jeremy, sounds like you had another full bucket day. I finally got a chance to use mine last night, and had some success. Those things are catfish candy! I can honestly say that I am jealous that you get to live by such a great fishery. I hope they are still biting on January 5th. I look forward to meeting everyone.

3. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Thanks. It was fun. Anytime your coming up for more let me know and I will be more than happy to help you catch as much as you want.

4. tailfin

tailfin New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i also live close to ky dam so i know what he is talking about and iwill take whoever wants to go :roll_eyes:

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    those Ky skips dont work well in indiana waters ... i think they have too much pink in them lol cant wait till the 5th

6. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    If your using pink skip jack, they must have come from DH's stash. :big_smile:

7. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    where is the KY dam located I'm from Indy I haven't had any luck at Markland dam I'm willing to travel.

8. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Grand Rivers KY. Its south of Paducah on I24. If you look up Grand Rivers you should be able to find it.

9. jbenni01

jbenni01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    can you catch the skips all winter below KY and Barley dam if the water stays low or do they all travel to warmwater discharges? do you catch them the same way you do in summer or change tactics?