Kentucky (Can-Tuck-ee) Fishing Road Trip

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by DeerHunter01, Apr 23, 2007.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Kentucky (Can-Tuck-ee) Fishing Road Trip

By JW & Stoney

Well folks all I gots to say is I have been living here in Can-Tuck-ee now for 1 year and 9 months now, and man its getting more exciting every day for me !! I thought I would share one of the most interesting road fishing trips I have ever been on. So I guess I have to start some where at the beginning !

Well yesterday I sat here on the porch watching the day go by with temps close to 80* and no clouds in the sky, I got a phone call from one of my buddys out fishing on the ****** River catching fish up to 28#s . My boat is in the shop in Tennessee so I have to sit here and brave the weather with the pups on the porch all day.

So around 4:30PM this Chev Blazer dark blue in color pulls up in front of my house. And this guy jumps out his vehicle and asks if I want to go fishing on a road trip. Man this was just up my alley, so I jumped up and went into the house and started getting my fishing rods out and gear, This guy in this blazer said he had to go home and get Perrr--mission from his old lady before he could go (must be a can-tuck-ee thing I guess cause all of 'em do it) So about 30 Minutes later I gets this phone call from this guy (they call hims Dreadnuts or JWs for short) anyway I had talk to the world famous catfishermen Stoney about 4 hours before and he said if we go fishing he would like to go and shows us hows to catch a new kinds of fish.

So About 5:20pm JW's calls and says he has to leave his wife there Mobil due to his wife has to go get vittles for that evening.. So I guess in Can-tuck-ee that means I must drive I guess well I stop and pick up dread-nuts JWs and off we goes now this Stoney guy has already left his home with him he has his perrr-mission slip on his dash board from his old lady, so he can fish on the road trip with us.

Well we meets him ( Stoney) up on River road and we drive up and down this road twelve times looking for a spot to fish , I did see several places to fish but these two were taking me on a road trip, so I just drove and went by what I was told to do .. I think they were looking for garbage pits to fish out of cause I hear its good chum bait here in this state.. but we could not find any due to the water level being so hi. all of a sudden ole' dreadnuts and stoney said they had the spot to go they knew when the river is high they could get lots of catfish, so we took off on another road fishing trip and after 15 miles later we were on this old dirt gravel road making dust and all of a sudden JW shouts out over dare in dem trees is our fishing hole.. so I went down this road and low in behold theres water in front of us the road we were driving on turned into water, but I could not see any rivers or lakes we were in the middle of a 10,000.00 acre corn field, with trees in it, JWs jumps out of da truck and says gets dem rods out this is the spot.

So I get out of the truck and see old stoney running around getting bait on his hook. and JW is setting up his chair in the middle of the road. they both casted out and sat down and waited on a fish to swim by to eat there skip jack they had on there lines..

I just could not imagine a fish in this slough that we were fishing but I didn't say anything I just got my chair out and sat beside my truck and watch there two professionals fish. I did see a couple of common suckers splashing in the water and every time one of them 3 inch fish would jump these two guys would reel in real fast and cast to where this minnow jumped.. I guess they thought the catfish would follow dem minnows around.

After two hours of sitting there old Stoney seen what he said was a big bad catfish out in dem waters so he reeled in fast and casted right to the spot that fish was at, the only problem is that fish had to be big cause stoneys line was 40 feet into the air in this big tree.. He sat his pole down and waited for this fish too hit.. all of a sudden his line started singing and he grabbed his pole and the darn thing got him tangled in this tree limb and got off..

then JWs gots him a bite his line start going out and he missed it, not sure but I did hear him whisper it was a log fish, (not sure what that is) anyway about 10:00PM we decided we had enough of these Can-tuck-ee fish and decided to head home, JWs told me when I dropped him off to get bluegill today cause we going to tear em up tonight, man I hope we don't do a road fishing trip again.. lol

Oh by the way I did get some nice photos they will follow..

If you ever get the chance try and go fishing with ole Dreadnuts and Stoney but make sure they got there old ladys perrr-mission slips or you will hear some stuff you never heard before when they find them..:tounge_out:

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      82 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      61.8 KB
      Views:
  2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Next pictures of the road fishing trip

3. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    More pictures of the road trip

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Here is a few more of the trip

5. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Here is the last ones..

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for sharing.

DH, is JW trying to look like you with the ear piece?? lol

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nothin like a nice quiet evening hangin out at a puddle. LOL!

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    You guys are killin me again. LOL

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    If and when i ever get down to Can-tuck-ee, and i hear the words ( fishing road trip mentioned ) i think ill pass!!:lol:

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I've heard of road hunting before but this is the 1st time I've heard of road fishing!:lol:

11. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    These guys down here at not right at all, So beware if JW or Stoney is around you might need to stay in your own boat cause you never know where you might end up, with them two.

I feel violated !! :eek:oooh: :lol: :beat_plaster:

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    And I thought those guys in New York were desperate! lol
    Eric them guys are rubb'n off on ya son. If you spend to much time around JW he'll start to influence you to take up his old ways. I hears his favorite song was a little ditty by the Beatles ( Why don't we do it in the road, No one will be watching us, Why don't we do it in the road ) There ya go, fish'n in the road with no one watching you, then ya go and take pictures for crying out loud. Stony what were you think'n, letting DH operate that camera? Well it's to late now. Eric you are now officially from Kane Tuc Key! And the three of ya have a new nick name as far as I'm concerned.
    The Kentucky Road Worriers! lmao:eek:oooh: :big_smile: :lol:

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have spoted the problem. You were fishing on the wrong side of the road. Try again tonight except fish on the right side of the road. Please get this perfected as I want you to take me road trip fishing when I get up there. I think I can get per mission.

Danny

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

LMAO!!! I was wondering the same! You never know about them ol Twinkie Twins though! :confused2: :wink: :tounge_out: :roll_eyes: :big_smile: :happy:

15. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    PRICELESS!!! I just want to know what is sticking out of Dread nuts ear? Does he have a peircing or did he hook himself while casting? Or did Stoney think that ear was bait and try to cast ole JW in the water?

16. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    ROTFLMAO If you left a rod laying on a chair like that in the missouri and one of them blues come along you wouldnt have a rod or a chair. The only catfish ole deadnuts had was on his hat. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

17. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    OMG!!! Too funny, and pictures for proof! :tounge_out: :tounge_out: :tounge_out: Thank heavens only ONE of you is on my team!:wink:

18. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky

Eric I can assure you that I did not fish with them two nuts last night all as I did was sit and watch and laugh at them out there dipping there bait into the drink or mud puddle..

19. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    So did they think that corn-fed cats would taste better? And what's with the squirrelfishing? Aren't they out of season? And they do like nuts, even DEAD ones!:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

20. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I am not sure Eric, I think JW has been working on the farm here two long, and its getting to him.

I am not sure, I think Stoney has been hanging in the trees to long and he feels he should be in the structure more then out in the open.

Squirrel season just came in here in Can-Tuck-EE they have a spring season here for three weeks..

Well thats the Million dollar question around here JW and Stoney both think they do..

While we were fishing last night we had almost twenty calls on old JW's phone from his wife, wanting to know if he was fishing or not ? So Stoney got some rap music and put on the radio station and turned it up real loud and the next time the phone rang Stoney answered it !! with all that rap music playing and said JW is not at the golden nugget Bar and Lounge he had just left..

Just to let you know I have not seen JW all day when I rode past his house today it looked like all the blinds were pulled and I think I heard the words HELP !! coming from the house, I am not sure if she will even let him outside to play today.. :lol: