Kenton county

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by MAX1955, Jan 10, 2008.

1. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Hi I'm new to the area of kenton county, recently moved from Ohio, I was woundering if anyone could help me out with some catfishing spots in the area. I currently live in Taylor Mill, your help would be much appreciated.

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC mike... from Western Kentucky. I'm not sure where you are located ,but if you ever get over this way we'll hook you up with some good spots:cool2:

3. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Thanks John, I may take you up on that some time in the future. You are definitely in fishing country down there. I'm up in northern Ky. about 15 minutes from the Ohio river. You are down there by some nice water ways and lakes.

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Mike,welcome to the B.O.C., best catfishing community on the planet

5. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    you can go to the mouth of the licking river and fish there from shore. the fish in my profile is what i caught last fall in this area. :0a23:

6. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Hi Mike, thats a nice fish thanks for the infromation. I have fished in that area on the covington and newport side. Maybe we can get together down there sometime in the near future. I've been scouting around some of the lakes in the area, but I'm not real familar with the area. So far I have found more bass fisherman than catfisherman. Don't get me wrong I like bass fishing, but I love catfishing.

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Well Mike, the Ohio River ought to be pretty darn good fishing.

8. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    There are times its real good fishing Darryl, being a bank fisherman I like to have more options.

9. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    I would like, that let me know when. I was thinking there is an area up around the 275 bridge, I read about, I have not tried yet. there is a hole about 150 yard down rive from the bridge that the artical said was good.

10. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I've heard that to from a guide.