Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so me and the wife are driving from floirda o ken lake for the gathering and we want to come up a bit early to do some fishing befor the actual gathering . what i was wondering is have any of you kentuckians fished ken lake and if so any big cats out there or should we plan on hitting a near by river up there. i belive the gathering will keep us busy mingleing and meeting people and learning, unless we're close enough to the water to set some baitrunners and mingle LOL. any way i don't mind not catching anything. it would be nice to see the wife tangle with a BIGGIN tho. i don't think she under stands just how big the cats get as we have yet to get one here in florida bigger then 8lb 14 ounces . i have seen some big ones when i lived in indiana as a child . ty for reading hope to find a little info from the people that live there .

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Matt , the cat fishing in Ky. lake is good most of the time.A good place to fish is right there at Ken-Lake marina.Sometimes because of the size of Ky. lake it is hard to fish if the wind gets up.There are smaller bays to find a place to fish.We also have Lake Barkley it is somewhat smaller and more color but both lakes are connected by a canal near the dams.It just depends on the weather on what I will be fishing during the national.A couple of drift socks will come in handy though if it gets windy.September you never know , if it has been a dry summer and no current I will probably head below the dams on the Tennessee or Cumberland river.These two rivers are what was impounded to make Kentucky and Barkley lake.Good luck and hope to see you there.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great post , i just like to know as much info befor hitting a new water hole .sounds like fun and i can't wait florida cat fishing (the big ones) are few and far between.and now knowing that the lake is on or near or fed by a dam it's gota have some big ones in there some where. we will find them !!! or try hard any way hahha ty again gl fishin see ya soon

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Both Kentucky lake and lake Barkley (along with some smaller lakes in the area) have some big catfish in them. Just south of Kenlake park is Hudson grain terminal. The corn and soybeans that gets spilled as they load the barges keeps the area chummed pretty good. When ya'll get up here we can give you more info. Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and you betcha sept. cant get here fast enough. love the idea of hitting the feed plant. do you know if you can fish there from shore or do i need to bring our lil john boat and trolling motor or even rent one there . ty again for yalls help . and i can't wait to meet yall either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.